Cleaning Products

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

8 posts
kazzy1

by kazzy1 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Cleaning Products

I find that many cleaning products (especially those with sprays) make my asthma worse. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I use instead? Look forward to hearing from you. Tx

Cara Voller

by Cara Voller on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Cleaning Products

I had exactly the same problem, have you tried naturally sourced cleaning products that do not contain chemicals? I found that helped me.

JoesMum

by JoesMum on Mon May 14, 2012 5:00 pm

I find I have to be careful what bath products and cosmetics i use because of Joe's asthma. For example my perfume or a highly scented bath foam can affect his asthma. Is this common?

Wheezy

by Wheezy on Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know if it is common but i suffer with asthma and if i am having a bad day with it and it isn't controlled i cannot wear perfume as this will affect it. I also have to be very careful what cleaning products i use. I cannot use any that contain chemicals and of the natural products i find ones like ecover cream cleaner the best as it doesnt contain chemicals or strong scents and because it is not in a spray bottle i don't inhale it which helps a lot.

AngeliqueEbert

by AngeliqueEbert on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello,

I have noticed this as well, when it comes to cleaning products and other general cleaning, it does tend to bother my asthma quite a bit. I haven't really been able to find a solution that I could use either that wouldn't bother my asthma. I noticed that the stronger the smell of the cleaner or the harsher the cleaner, the worse it affected my asthma. It was suggested to me that when I do use these things to make sure the area is well ventilated and I wear a mask, which does help on occasion, but not every area that I clean has the option of being well ventilated. It makes it difficult to get things accomplished and I too seek solutions.

sabulba

by sabulba on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 am

Many of the cleaning products are used at the current time to control the impact of diseases but sometime bad selection might be problem creating as different cleaning products make their different impact on humans so selection of these products should be done sharply.
Last edited by admin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed - signatures with links to websites not permitted

nowheeze

by nowheeze on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 pm

I stopped buying cleaning products a long time ago, and use a mixture of vinegar, water and baking soda to clean down my worktops, and neutralise bad odours, citrus fruit peel to freshen the air, and of course I also use my steam cleaner for more stubborn stains.

kbowmanw

by kbowmanw on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:39 pm

About two months ago I started buying products from Melaleuca because of my allergies. It seems to help because their products don't have ammonia, bleach, and a couple other harmful chemicals in them. One of the video's is about their cleaning products.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised promotion of products - see forum rules

8 posts