New here

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

7 posts
princess1

by princess1 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:58 pm

New here

Hi there. I'm new to talkasthma and my daughter has recently started getting asthma. It scares me when I see her having an attack. Does anyone else feel like this. Does it get easier? Would love to hear your thoughts....

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: New here

I'd like to say a warm welcome to all those people who are new to our forums. I hope that some of you will be able to find answers to your questions, gain valuable support from other members and generally use our community support to get you through those bad days.

Warm regards
Deborah Mason
Founder
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

lewissherhonda

by lewissherhonda on Mon May 16, 2011 1:24 am

I must agree with you! My daughter has Sickle Cell Disease and we live in the hospital! Three days ago she was diagnosed with Asthma as well. To say the lest, two weeks ago, she had to have braces put on. The symptons are similar, i must be able to distinguish the differences between the two. Enough already!

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Mon May 16, 2011 7:33 am

Hello lewissherhonda - sounds like you and your daughter are really going through it - I hope, with regard to the asthma, and generally you'll find people here to talk to and support you. What help have you had for your daughter since she was diagnosed with asthma?
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

JoesMum

by JoesMum on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi - I'm new here (although I've been a member of talkallergy for a few months) - my son's just been diagnosed with asthma - it's all a bit new to me so any help anyone can give me would really be appreciated. Thank you.

pierrecouaron10

by pierrecouaron10 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

I know it is very hard to watch when the attack comes. Keep a inhaler always near to her, and avoid the places or things which is dusty or allergic to her. Be calm, everything will be fine.

JoesMum

by JoesMum on Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Thank you, i get more confident all the time but as you say it is about being organised with inhalers and aware of where potential triggers may be.

7 posts