Re: Any Suggestions!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

18 posts
sandrawall

by sandrawall on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 am

There are preventive inhalers and nasal spray if you get severe asthma attacks. I am actually using singulair.

Cara Voller

by Cara Voller on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 am

Thats really helpful thanks, sandrawall. Maybe Natalie123 could visit her pharmacy and see what method they recommend for her? Let us know how effective they are for you.

Rosalined7

by Rosalined7 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Ayurveda is an ancient art of treatment where the root cause of a disease is treated. Ayurveda can help many chronic ailments, Asthma is one such ailment that can be treated with Aurveda. You can get in touch with Ayurvaid Hospitals, this hospital is recommended as they are government accredited Ayurveda hospital, so you know they are genuine and has professional team of doctors.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi,

i have been asthmatic since i was about 14. I am a bit overweight and find it difficult to exercise as it triggers my asthma, I have been to the doctors and they change my inhalers etc but i feel they are just going through the motions rather than trying to solve the problem.

I do use a wii fit as i find the asthma is affected less indoors, i guess because i am away from the cold in winter and the pollen in summer but i still find it hard to properly exercise without my asthma flaring.

I am going round in circles here not knowing what to do. Can anyone help as i feel losing weight will help my asthma but i cant lose weight when i cant exercise! HELP

DeborahT

by DeborahT on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:51 pm

I use a rescue inhaler when I need immediate relief. I believe it contains ventolin. You should talk with your doctor about rescue inhalers and preventive asthma medicines.
Last edited by admin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed as URL's in signatures not permitted

Kate99

by Kate99 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I used to have 2 separate inhalers a preventer and a reliever however as they weren't working for me i was put on a combined one that i use morning and night and when needed during the day. The problem is i often reach my maximum dosage before being able to properly exercise especially when its cold!

Other than exercise my inhaler works really well and it has taken me years to get my asthma this well controlled so i am slightly nervous about seeing my GP in case they want me to try different inhalers.

Kate

Frank01

by Frank01 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 am

Hi everyone, I'm new on the forum, and not ever suffering from asthma. But i want people to know about a very succesful natural alternative treatment, wich helped so many people.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:30 pm

I have heard that eucalyptus is good for asthma sufferers, has anyone ever tried this natural method for helping ease symptoms?

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

I had a reply in the hay fever and environmental allergy clinic from a lovely doctor about eucalyptus and she said it can help when used with your prescribed medication. Worth reading her reply if anyone is interested.

Oh! really?

by Oh! really? on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Eucalyptus is great for a cold or the flu but will not relieve serious asthma, That would be like using a cup of water to put out a large fire! It does have a nice smell, and is very soothing however so use it when you want. anything that calms and soothes is good!

18 posts