weather/affecting my asthma?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

4 posts
Hillena

by Hillena on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:54 am

weather/affecting my asthma?

Hi I am new to this site but have had asthma for the last 45 years. I take ventolin and over the years diffrent product of steriods normally other than a couple of blips have been able to live a active life but just recently in the last few weeks it has begun to be a real bother. Could this just be the weather affecting me in combination of my age im 56, does anybody else find a diffence
Thanks any advice apreciated :)
Futher to this post I visited my asthma nurse and was prescribed 5 day dose of steroids, antihistamine and double doses of seretide and was told to take my ventolin four times a day. Only one day on and feeling much better a lot less stressed.

Allergic2Allergies

by Allergic2Allergies on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: weather/affecting my asthma?

Hi there-

My asthma hasn't been too bad during weather changes. I just make sure to have my inhaler with me wherever I go. I was just recently diagnosed and had to make major lifestyle changes. I was a smoker for one so that needed to stop. I found this website really helpful for me. I don't know if it would help you much since you have had asthma for years but it is worth a shot.

http://www.allergyasthmatech.com/AsthmaRelief.asp

Hope it helps!
-Dan

roger123

by roger123 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:16 am

Hi there!
I am suffering from asthma for about six months and I am using a purely herbal and natural medicine Asthma mist. The product is in form of inhaler and I take it three times a day. I don't find any change in my life.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

sabulba

by sabulba on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 am

Scientific studies show that weather can affect asthma symptoms. Some people find their asthma symptoms are worse at certain times of the year. For others, a severe storm or sudden weather change may trigger an attack.
Cold, dry air is a common asthma trigger and can cause severe symptoms, especially for people who play winter sports and have asthma symptoms when they exercise. Hot, humid air also can trigger asthma symptoms. In certain areas, heat and sunlight combine with pollutants to create ground-level ozone, which can be a strong asthma trigger.

4 posts