ED

talkhealth offered an online expert clinic on men's health. From prostate issues to trouble sleeping, we are well aware that our male members live with different challenges.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:53 pm

ED

I have never been highly sexually active and now at the age of late 40’s I am finding it harder and harder to get a full erection and when I do it doesn’t last for long – is this an age related issue? Graham
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Mr Vaibhav Modgil
Report Quote

by Mr Vaibhav Modgil on Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:12 pm

Re: ED

Thanks for your question. Im sorry to hear you're having problems developing and maintaining an erection.

Generally speaking we know that up to 50% of men at the age of 50 have some form of sexual dysfunction, and even erectile dysfunction. The causes can vary hugely. Age related factors don't usually occur as young as 40 but every patient is different.

The assessment for what your experiencing should look for the commonest causes of ED such as obesity, diabetes, hyperlipidaemia, smoking excess, low testosterone, alcohol intake etc.

I would advise seeing a urologist to undergo a comprehensive assessment to try and help in the first instance.
Mr Vaibhav Modgil
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Andrologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... modgil.php

2 posts