Sleep supplements

talkhealth are offering an online expert clinic on men's health. From prostate issues to trouble sleeping, we are well aware that our male members live with different challenges. That's why we are calling all talkhealth men to get their male-specific health questions answered. This is your opportunity to make sense of your health!

Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Sleep supplements

When I get into bed at night, I find it really difficult to switch my brain off and get into a restful state, ready for sleep, so it takes me a while to drift off. Are there any supplements/sleep aids that would help me fall asleep? Willing to try anything at this point. Thanks, Matt
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Neil Stanley
Report Quote

by Dr Neil Stanley on Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:10 am

Re: Sleep supplements

While there are many supplements available, few have any scientific evidence to support their use. An absolute prerequisite for getting to sleep is a quiet mind, so 1)try to put your cares and worries to bed long before you go to bed, have a relaxing wind-down for at least 30 minutes before getting into bed and 3) if you are in bed ad your mind is still racing try thought blocking. There is a myriad of techniques e.g. repeatedly subtracting 7 from 1000; going through the alphabet naming an animal beginning with each letter of the alphabet.
Dr Neil Stanley
Independent Freelance Sleep Expert

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... tanley.php

2 posts