Sleep supplements

talkhealth offered an online expert clinic on men's health. From prostate issues to trouble sleeping, we are well aware that our male members live with different challenges.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Sleep supplements

When I get into bed at night, I find it really difficult to switch my brain off and get into a restful state, ready for sleep, so it takes me a while to drift off. Are there any supplements/sleep aids that would help me fall asleep? Willing to try anything at this point. Thanks, Matt
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Neil Stanley
Report Quote

by Dr Neil Stanley on Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:10 am

Re: Sleep supplements

While there are many supplements available, few have any scientific evidence to support their use. An absolute prerequisite for getting to sleep is a quiet mind, so 1)try to put your cares and worries to bed long before you go to bed, have a relaxing wind-down for at least 30 minutes before getting into bed and 3) if you are in bed ad your mind is still racing try thought blocking. There is a myriad of techniques e.g. repeatedly subtracting 7 from 1000; going through the alphabet naming an animal beginning with each letter of the alphabet.
Dr Neil Stanley
Independent Freelance Sleep Expert

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... tanley.php

2 posts