Eye eczema

BSF and talkhealth are teaming up to offer an online expert clinic on eczema. At talkhealth, we have always been dedicated to helping you to manage your eczema. Whether it's breaking free from the itch, scratch, itch cycle or queries about emollients, this expert clinic will give you the advice that you need to stay on top of irritated skin.

Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
Sally
Report Quote

by Sally on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Eye eczema

My eye eczema starts to really play up this time of year – do eye drops help at all with reducing the irritation and thus, the skin around my eyes?

Thivimaru
Report Quote

by Thivimaru on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:17 pm

Re: Eye eczema

Hi Sally,
Thank you for your question. From my experience I usually don't recommend eye drops unless you have dry eyes as well - in which case this would be best to check with your optician. Eye drops can contain preservatives which can irritate eyelid eczema

A gentle cleansing and moisturiser for the eyelid area is the best approach with careful use of topical steroids for flare ups if necessary.

Sometimes eyelid eczema can be caused by an allergy to facial skin care product, make up or nail varnish so this is just worth bearing in mind

Best wishes

Dr Thivi

Dr Thivi Maruthappu MA FRCP PhD
Consultant Dermatologist
Dr Thiviyani Maruthappu
Consultant Dermatologist

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... maruthappu

2 posts