What’s my diagnosis

BSF and talkhealth teamed up to offer an online expert clinic on Lichen Sclerosus. We know that a lot of our members are affected by vulval skin conditions, in fact, we have one of the largest lichen sclerosus communities online!
Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
Scarlett225
Report Quote

by Scarlett225 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:31 am

What’s my diagnosis

I noticed vulvar changes no discharge but white skin clumps. My doctor said it was atrophy and gave me lubrication and put me on vagifem. A month later I had an outbreak of red spots and extreme itchiness that was unbearable. My doctor diagnosed thrush and lichen planus…I have been sent to a gyno and have been given temovate and have to use for three months he said he hasn’t ruled out lichen sclerosis. The flare up is controlled but the itch is still there what can I use to stop the itch

Dr Karen Gibbon
Report Quote

by Dr Karen Gibbon on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:55 pm

Re: What’s my diagnosis

The white clumps of skin may very well be consistent with LS. White clumps aren't usually due to lichen planus. Thrush tends to cause a discharge which you donn't mention. I would suggest using your dermovate regularly ie helf a finger tip unit daily for one month, then alternate days for a month and then twice a week. It is also very important to use a regular emollient both as a saop substitute and reapplied at least tiwc e a day and more if you are itchy. Avoid other irritants such as panty liners, 'wet wipes' or other similar products and avoid wearing thongs.
Dr Karen Gibbon
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... gibbon.php

2 posts