Diagnosis

BSF and talkhealth teamed up to offer an online expert clinic on Lichen Sclerosus. We know that a lot of our members are affected by vulval skin conditions, in fact, we have one of the largest lichen sclerosus communities online!
Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
Lisa2020
Report Quote

by Lisa2020 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Diagnosis

Hi
I was diagnosed by sight back in September 2020. At Hysterectomy and excision of some Endometriosis the Gynaecologist took a biopsy that came back as Keratosis.
The skin looked white and still does. I did see a colleague of his that said it wasn’t LS.
I’ve an op tomorrow for Endometriosis with Colorectal surgeon and Gynaecologist, I’d like to ask for another biopsy whilst under, do you think it’s worth asking?

Dr Karen Gibbon
Report Quote

by Dr Karen Gibbon on Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:09 pm

Re: Diagnosis

I'm sorry you've had this diagnostic problem. It depends where the biopsy was taken from and what clinical information was given to the pathologist to help them submit a correct report. Getting a second biopsy may be helpful but seeing a dermatologist who can get the correct diagnosis for you and review your first biopsy result may be a much more productive route for you to take.
Dr Karen Gibbon
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... gibbon.php

2 posts