Atrophy/Loss of Architecture

BSF and talkhealth teamed up to offer an online expert clinic on Lichen Sclerosus. We know that a lot of our members are affected by vulval skin conditions, in fact, we have one of the largest lichen sclerosus communities online!
Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
Shay Lene
Report Quote

by Shay Lene on Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:09 am

Atrophy/Loss of Architecture

I was diagnosed via biopsy January 2021, after having symptoms for only one year. In this past year I have noticed architecture changes overall. Everything tucked inside the labia majora seems to have shrunk in size by Approx. 25-40%.

In an attempt to maintain what structure remains, I have tried alternating between soaking in warm water for 15 minutes and increasing the number of clitoral orgasms for a week to bring additional blood to the area.

My results show improvement to the area (plump/inflated/normal size) for approximately 6-7 days, after which another cycle of soaks and orgasms is required.

Is it possible that soaking and orgasms will slow down architecture loss in the long run? Perhaps daily increase in blood flow would help symptoms?

Dr Karen Gibbon
Report Quote

by Dr Karen Gibbon on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Re: Atrophy/Loss of Architecture

You don't say how old you are so some volume loss can be considered quite normal in post-menapausal women. You also don't say if you're using your dermovate regularly enough to help stabilise your LS and encourage good collagen production. Soaks alone will not be particularly helpful. Encouraging blood flow via orgasms isn't a bad or 'daft' idea but the local increase in blood flow isn't likely to last long enough to be particularly effective. I would suggest sticking with tried and trusted steroid and emollient therapy combined with silicone dilators and massage if the entrance into the vagina has narrowed.
Dr Karen Gibbon
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... gibbon.php

2 posts