Anorgasmia

If your question doesn't fit into any of the above categories please post your question to our experts here.
4 posts
BeautyShark
Report Quote

by BeautyShark on Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:05 pm

Anorgasmia

Hi, I’d really like some help with anorgasmia which has been a problem my whole life. I don’t know how to get the right help as I was previously referred to someone who insisted my husband be present which is not an option. It is affecting my life to the extent that I seem to have no feelings of arousal at all. I just want to be normal. How do I get help?

Dr Naomi Sutton
Report Quote

by Dr Naomi Sutton on Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Re: Anorgasmia

Hi, See my reply to the previous Anorgasmia post which may help.

BeautyShark
Report Quote

by BeautyShark on Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:42 pm

Hi, I don’t seem to be able to see anything On This subject. Are you able to paste a link?

Dr Naomi Sutton
Report Quote

by Dr Naomi Sutton on Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:56 pm

Hi, this is what I posted to a very similar question;

Without knowing your age, full medical history and medication it is difficult to give specific advice but, it may well be that you have a medical condition which is interfering with the nerve or blood supply to the clitoris. An example of this may be diabetes or cardiovascular disease but the list is long. It may be that you are taking a medication which may be reducing your ability to climax, examples include SSRI's, antipsychotics, beta blockers, and opiates. There are other medical reasons for anorgasmia but some are not always clear.
An important factor to consider is whether it is necessary to orgasm to enjoy intimacy? For a lot of women sex can be fulfilling and enjoyable without climax. Intimacy can be achieved in lots of ways such as enjoying different types of touch or massage. Putting too much pressure on the climax can ruin the whole experience and stop enjoyment of the rest of the event!!!
If orgasm is very important to you, as well as looking at your general health and medication, I would advise experimenting with toys. A lot of women will need extra stimulation to orgasm as they get older and a clitoral sucker toy (such as the womaniser) can do the trick. Trying a vibrator with high settings may help but it would be important to experiment with what kind of touch and simulation you like.
'Love honey' is a good site to have a look at and they offer sex toy advice.
I would find a GP who you feel comfortable talking to and start there. Just be as honest as you can when you are explaining the problem. It can be difficult to find people who have an interest in this field but keep persevering if this is important to you. You may be able to be referred to psychosexual medicine clinic if that is available in your area. Often these clinics are private but there are some NHS services.
A good book to consider reading is 'Mind the Gap' which talks about women's desire in long term relationships and I highly recommend reading it.

4 posts