Hormones

If your question doesn't fit into any of the above categories please post your question to our experts here.
2 posts
Lara J C
Report Quote

by Lara J C on Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:09 am

Hormones

I was privately treated naturally for high oestrogen (heavy periods etc). But now my oestrogen has gone low, my periods haven't returned after nearly two years. I wasn't symptomatic of the perimenopause particularly. Does it matter for my body that this has happened, and that this might be my menopause (late 40s)? I'm aware to keep my bones strong if oestrogen is low.

Dr Naomi Sutton
Report Quote

by Dr Naomi Sutton on Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:05 pm

Re: Hormones

Hi Lara, I am not 100% sure about your individual case but, if you have not had a period for more than 2 years and you are in your late 40's and there are no other reasons that your periods may not be present, for example Contraception, Thyroid problems, PCOS, eating disorders, stress etc, it is likely that you are menopausal.
I would advise seeing your GP to discuss the pros and cons of HRT in your individual case. There can be many benefits to HRT, including on bone health, but this needs to be discussed on an individual basis.

2 posts