was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
SamantaS

by SamantaS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:34 pm

was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease

Hello, ladies! Yesterday I visited my GYN to check myself before trying to conceive and was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease. He put me on Clomid treatment. Would like to hear about your experience, if there were any side effects, what are the results, etc. Let me know the pitfalls if any. Thx in advance!

Ammandaa

by Ammandaa on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:47 am

Re: was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease

Hi Samanta,
I faced the same problem when I was 28. By that time my husband and I had already paid off the mortgage, I had finally found the job with adequate salary (interior designer), and we decided to become parents. We had been trying to conceive within 6 months but unsuccessfully, so we went to check our fertility to Center for Fertility and Gynecology in Torrance. There I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor prescribed me Clomid as well. So I went searching for the information about medication, treatments and possible difficulties. Just like you I was also reading different forums, to find similar cases. Actually I read hundreds of articles and stories. In the Net I found the list of side effects of Clomid and was actually worried as there were even severe effects which had scared me. However different cases show these are quite rare as the treatment is done under doctor's supervision and everything is controlled. Personally I periodically had headaches. After the first one I ran to my fertility expert and informed her as was supposed to. She then prescribed me some pills but actually don't remember which exactly for the headaches, so I won't confuse you with guessing. All in all, now I have a healthy 4 years old son and we're planning to conceive another child. Usually it is easier to conceive naturally after first pregnancy.
By the way, If you need a pharmacy, as this is quite an important point, I ordered Clomid here
https://www.fertilitydrugsonline.com/he ... -mg-pills/
It is a kind of reseller pharmacy having agreements with licensed Canadian one's. I found it recommended as well on a forum.
Good luck with conceiving. And God bless you!

SamantaS

by SamantaS on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 am

Re: was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease

Ammandaa wrote:Hi Samanta,
I faced the same problem when I was 28. By that time my husband and I had already paid off the mortgage, I had finally found the job with adequate salary (interior designer), and we decided to become parents. We had been trying to conceive within 6 months but unsuccessfully, so we went to check our fertility to Center for Fertility and Gynecology in Torrance. There I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor prescribed me Clomid as well. So I went searching for the information about medication, treatments and possible difficulties. Just like you I was also reading different forums, to find similar cases. Actually I read hundreds of articles and stories. In the Net I found the list of side effects of Clomid and was actually worried as there were even severe effects which had scared me. However different cases show these are quite rare as the treatment is done under doctor's supervision and everything is controlled. Personally I periodically had headaches. After the first one I ran to my fertility expert and informed her as was supposed to. She then prescribed me some pills but actually don't remember which exactly for the headaches, so I won't confuse you with guessing. All in all, now I have a healthy 4 years old son and we're planning to conceive another child. Usually it is easier to conceive naturally after first pregnancy.
By the way, If you need a pharmacy, as this is quite an important point, I ordered Clomid here
https://www.fertilitydrugsonline.com/he ... -mg-pills/
It is a kind of reseller pharmacy having agreements with licensed Canadian one's. I found it recommended as well on a forum.
Good luck with conceiving. And God bless you!
@Ammandaa , thank you so much for your exciting story. I'm glad you had success and wish you luck with second pregnancy. I will check the pharmacy with my doctor.

3 posts