roscia and spots

Skin conditions don’t just stop at psoriasis and acne. In fact, dermatologists have identified more than 3,000 skin conditions. Rosacea, hives, moles, the list goes on! So, if you need some extra support when it comes to managing your skin, understanding your diagnosis or making sense of skin jargon our panel of experts are here to help.
2 posts
frosty9081
Report Quote

by frosty9081 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:13 am

roscia and spots

my young adult son has just been diagnosed with roascia. he has been given pills to take n cream to use on his face. but i was wonderign if any one can tell me if having his hair cut extreamly short with clippers ( no10 n 7 on sides) will make the condition in his hair worse. Whats the best tips etc please?. should he grown his hair longer or keep it short etc?.
thanks

Dr Penelope Pratsou
Report Quote

by Dr Penelope Pratsou on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: roscia and spots

Thank you for your question. Rosacea is more common on the face and far less common in the scalp. However some people have uncomfortable spots within the scalp due to inflammation or the hair follicles, a condition called folliculitis.

In those cases, shaving or cutting the hair very short can make episodes of folliculitis worse while the hairs regrow, and it may therefore be best to avoid shaving or short clippers.

Hopefully now your son is on a combination of topical and oral medication, his face and scalp will both improve over the next 2-3 months as the inflammation settles.

2 posts