How can I help my son's sensitive skin?

Skin conditions don’t just stop at psoriasis and acne. In fact, dermatologists have identified more than 3,000 skin conditions. Rosacea, hives, moles, the list goes on! So, if you need some extra support when it comes to managing your skin, understanding your diagnosis or making sense of skin jargon our panel of experts are here to help.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:15 pm

How can I help my son's sensitive skin?

My son (14) cannot dry his legs with any sort of towel (cotton or microfibre) and has to drip dry otherwise the skin on his legs becomes really painful, itchy and stings, so much so that he’s in tears for two hours afterwards. The same feeling occurs when he wears football socks or chinos but seems ok with everything else. This has been happening for years. There are no rashes, dry patches or marks on his legs and moisturising and using Eurax itch relief cream doesn’t help. He doesn’t have any skin conditions that we’re aware of and the rest if his body is ok. We use sensitive non bio washing powder and his towels are given an extra rinse. He has tried different soaps and shower gels and even gentle natural baby formulas. Is there anything we can do? Thank you (Alex)
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Anton Alexandroff
Report Quote

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:17 pm

Re: How can I help my son's sensitive skin?

Hello
I am sorry to hear about your son problem. This sounds like urticaria. I would suggest to try over the counter antihistamines such as cetirizine.
i hope this would help.
kind regards
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts