weight gain due to meds

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

3 posts
redhead2403

by redhead2403 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:55 pm

weight gain due to meds

hi , im new to this forum and just had a few questions , im currently taking a good few meds for fibromyalgia inc gabepentin and iv noticed in the last year of me taking these meds my weight has crept up 2 + stone iv just started a calorie controlled diet with the help of a app to keep track of it and iv not lost 1 pound in fact iv gained 2lb more , im so fed up with it all im thinking of ditching the meds as they dont really stop the pain much these days , will this help my weight loss goals ?
thanks any help would be great

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Re: weight gain due to meds

As you are taking medication for other health conditions, it would be sensible to go back to your doctor as they are likely to be able to give you the right advice. Some doctors have very helpful nurse-led clinics where you can get very practical advice.

Let us know how you get on.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

CherrySencha

by CherrySencha on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: weight gain due to meds

This is what has happened to me - with gabapentin, strangely enough. As admin has said, it'd be best to go to your doctor to explain the situation rather than come off the tablets cold turkey. You never know - they may be able to suggest a better solution for the pain which will help with your weight.
Jen
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

3 posts