how do you lose weight?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

57 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 am

Re: how do you lose weight?

The only way to lose weight permanently is through regular exercise.

abhishek.boss.35@gmail.com

by abhishek.boss.35@gmail.com on Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:24 pm

1. Avoid eating Sugary Foods
It is very important to avoid sugar for a better healthy liver function. More sugar intake can lead to belly fat gain. Even “healthier” sugars (such as real honey) should be used sparingly.

Keep reading to know more about reducing belly fat at home.

2. Cut Back on Carbs, Especially Refined Carbs
Reducing carb intake can be very helpful in especially losing fat around abdomen (belly). However you can take 50 grams of carbs per day. More than that will cause weight gain around belly, but don’t worry You don’t have to follow a strict low-carb diet.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:48 pm

Avoiding sugary foods is very difficult: I haven't managed it. I buy my food goods from the supermarket: a lot of their produce has sugar in it. Virtually everything has some type of sugar in it. I am not saying I eat sweets, but normal, every day foods. AND the desserts in the supermarkets are never ending.

Also there are mixed messages in women's magazines: like having cake recipes yet advertizing diet foods, supplements and advice. The woman is told to bake cakes, yet hold back on cake herself.

It is all very confusing for people who don't understand how magazines work.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:54 am

First be confident, avoid eating more calorie food, especially junk food, start doing small activities and increase day by day. Start Intermit fasting.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:44 pm

I just don't snack and avoid crisps and cake. I don't even eat ice-cream. Put simply, I don't snack. I still eat, but only at set times and only twice a day.

I don't want to put on weight and will try everything to keep my weight down.

ellesmith

by ellesmith on Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:02 am

Hello! Everybody hope you all are doing well :) Losing weight involves adopting a balanced lifestyle. Focus on a nutritious diet rich in whole foods while controlling portion sizes. Prioritize water intake, engage in regular exercise that you enjoy, and ensure adequate sleep. Manage stress through activities like meditation and set realistic goals and etc . Remember, patience is key – sustainable weight loss is a gradual process that requires commitment to healthy habits. :D
Explore more about nurturing your Intellectual Wellness

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:30 pm

ellesmith wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:02 am
Hello! Everybody hope you all are doing well :) Losing weight involves adopting a balanced lifestyle. Focus on a nutritious diet rich in whole foods while controlling portion sizes. Prioritize water intake, engage in regular exercise that you enjoy, and ensure adequate sleep. Manage stress through activities like meditation and set realistic goals and etc . Remember, patience is key – sustainable weight loss is a gradual process that requires commitment to healthy habits. :D
This is exactly the basis of weight loss. But I think there needs to be more depth to creating a weight-loss programme for individuals. Not everyone loses weight the same way. What one can eat, another cannot. There needs to be details of an eating plan for every person. BUT your advice IS spot-on.

Anyone losing weight: do what is right for YOU. If you're unable to eat bread, don't eat a diet plan that includes bread. You get the gist. Also, your age will affect how you lose weight.

Contact weight watchers: I wouldn't go it alone. Definitely don't force yourself to eat foods that are simply not right for you. Or even food that is weird and too unusual. You want to eat food you can easily get hold of.

57 posts