how do you lose weight?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

57 posts
mhamzikhan92

by mhamzikhan92 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Re: how do you lose weight?

hi you can lose your weight through morning walk exercise. the major thing is to make a perfect diet chart and not to take your dinner at mid night or late night . late night dinner causes of various diseases and it is one of them. you should be take it serious and do it regular you will feel good results soon.

KetoManiac

by KetoManiac on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:11 am

Hi,

Here is my approach to losing weight:

1- Start with small changes

2- Find what works for you best

3- Stick to the lifestyle you've created for yourself

4- Have your birthday cakes and festive period feasts!

5- Enjoy and be happy about yourself!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Agreed, KetoManiac!

Losing weight should never be done by torture. If losing weight is making one ill, then they've got the wrong approach. Being slim should never be done by starving oneself or by torturing oneself with exercise. It is good to watch what you're eating and to exercise, but if you're in pain or feeling sick, stop immediately. Weight loss should never be done out of duty, either. Losing weight should be done for the individual's benefit: not because they're told or forced to. And the odd treat isn't a crime. I mean, a slice of cake on one's birthday is fine. Basically, lose weight for health reasons. And if you start to feel sick, eat something light straight away.

No one should ever starve themselves.

Cnichols38

by Cnichols38 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:25 pm

I have been struggling with this question for years. I believe I have found one single way to lose weight that would work for just about everyone. JUICING! I have been juicing for years and it all started because I was unhappy with my weight. Originally, me and a friend of mine went on a 10 day juice cleanse, and I ended up losing 14 lbs in those 10 days.{ Now, a juice cleanse can be a bit extreme} So after I started eating regular food again, I started supplementing vegetable and fruit juice for my breakfast, lunch or dinner. Soon I had realized that not only was I happier, but I was keeping the extra weight off. I now truly believe that juicing fruits and vegetables in moderation is the key to losing weight and keeping it off.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:16 am

I agree Cnichols38 that not eating food will lose the weight. Drinking juice could work for many. I still feel that the body needs regular food, though. Of course, NOT eating the takeaways and fry-ups is very important, but the body still needs regular, solid food. If I go without food for too long - even when drinking a glass of water to "stop" the hunger - it doesn't stop the hunger. And when I get very hungry I start shaking and feeling sick to my stomach. I don't think anyone should torture themselves this way to lose weight. If you like the juice diet, you have that right. But it wouldn't be the right weight-loss diet I'd choose for myself.

I also think anyone who says they never eat are telling porkies. I am not saying you're saying that yourself. But EVERYONE eats their food. Unless in the case of anorexia. Anorexia is a serious psychiatric illness and needs medical treatment. I won't go down this road to lose weight. Being healthy - rather than stick-thin - is more important to me. I won't do a juice diet myself.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm

talkhealth wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:02 pm
how do you lose weight? Do you count calories?

This BBC guide discusses this in more detail-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zqjc4wx

What works/doesn't work for you?

Helen
I lost weight by walking more and eating less fats.

Alessandro01

by Alessandro01 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:00 am

zeeshanahm wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:14 am
You can lose weight by doing simple exercises like jogging, running, pushups but they are useful only when you are taking a good diet.. if your diet I not good you cannot lose your weight... Moreover, take herbal teas like Chamomile tea. .Peppermint tea. Ginger tea.Hibiscus Tea. Sage Tea. ..Lemon Balm Tea. They are many websites that offer the diet plan for weight loss... and selling many herbal products... As I m mentioning one...
which is offering herbal medicine... I don't only recommend you this site there are many sites which are selling herbal products you can search them on google... I recommend that because I have tried that and found it useful... God Bless You... Reply with a good response and ask any question...
Is this link scam?
Cause i can find anything useful right there.

bassem12

by bassem12 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:49 pm

If you’ve decided to start, recommit to, or continue following the popular ketogenic diet this year, you likely have one goal in mind: weight loss (and potentially better health, too). The very low-carbohydrate diet is notoriously a complete nutritional overhaul, as you scale back your intake of carbs. Made up of up to 75 to 80 percent dietary fat and only 20 to 50 grams (g) of net carbs per day, the diet can easily be thought of as one that promotes all butter and bacon — but it’s so much more than that.
Getting and staying in [url]ketosis[/url] (a state where your body burns fat for fuel rather than carbohydrates) takes skill. You can read some great books on keto that show you how to eat this way and follow clever keto bloggers for recipe inspirationbread is a thing), but nothing compares to the deep dive that these podcasts provide.
During your journey as a keto-er, you’ll want practical information, such as exactly what to eat, how to get back on track, and the best products in specific categories (e.g., oils and proteins). But food is only part of your health, and the best podcasters go beyond that, tackling topics like inflammation and its role in disease, good sleep, stress reduction, and learning about yourself and what holds you back from your health goals. They also attract some of the top celebrities. More than that, these hosts are engaging, knowledgeable, and like chatting with a friend.
Still, keep in mind that not all keto influencers are medical professionals who are familiar with the possible health risks of dramatic diet changes, such as those required on keto. That’s why you’ll want to be sure this eating plan (or any major diet changes, for that matter) is best for your health goals by talking to your healthcare team and ideally a registered dietitian nutritionist in advance.
Once they give you the go-ahead and possibly adjust any medication as needed, keep them handy for help and advice as you dive headfirst into keto. And then listen to the six best for additional tips

navneet2020

by navneet2020 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi, I would like to share my weight loss story with all of you guys, it might inspire some people to lose weight.
I started weight training at the start but due to work and office, I wasn't able to continue it so I discontinued it. But just after discontinue I put on like 75-80lbs of weight and everyone used to stare at me, made a joke on me, used to tease me because of my obesity. So finally I decided to do something else other than weight training, I changed my diet using some products to kill my food cravings and trust me it helped a lot. When I found out that my food cravings are no more, and I have automatically put on a diet because of no food cravings.
I started to see some changes in the body and just in 1-2 months, I got back in shape. Now I feel amazing and nobody teases me anymore and ask my secret, how I lost so much weight so quickly?
I am happy now, my health is very good and can do any work I want because of my fitness. Now I don't want to write too much here because it might bore you. But if you're really interested in losing weight, send me a private message and I will explain to you what I did completely.
Thank you for reading my story. Let's pray for a healthy world.

HEZAMUCA

by HEZAMUCA on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:38 pm

Losing weight can be a fairly daunting goal, but with the right support and information, anything is possible in time. You want to make sure you're not only counting your daily calorie intake, which can easily done on mobile apps such as MyFitnessPal, but also watching the amount of saturated fats you're taking in as well. There are a lot of great books out there with information on this topic, but I have a personal choice you might like to check out. "Mini Habits For Weight Loss" is a very informative novel that provides insight into weight loss, without the need for calorie counting and dieting. Check it out for free, with an audible 30-day free trial, if you're interested.

57 posts