It's all in the mind

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

4 posts
admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm

It's all in the mind

I'm trying to lose weight (as you may know if you read my blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... orahs-blog)

I'm fascinated by the power of the mind and really believe you have to be totally ready to lose weight in your mind before you even consider how you are going to actually do it! I've written my new blog post all about the power of the mind - have a look and let me know what you think - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... -the-mind/

Deborah Mason
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

smith02john

by smith02john on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:46 am

Re: It's all in the mind

It's incredible, If had not read it I would never believe any how , after going through the blog ,I can suggest to everyone that don't say "NO" for weight loose, you can do it, .thanks for posting that blog , It is practically motivational
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

sheree cox

by sheree cox on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 pm

"mindset" is absolutely key.....

(FYI: I am qualified in obesity, personal training + lots of other nutrition, fitness and health qualifications)

If you are not in the right place to start it will never happen! You also have to have the mindset to keep going once you started and once you have achieved where you want to get to, you need the right mindset to keep you there! Also, when you get those challenges on your journey, you need to have a plan in place of how you are going to overcome them..

There are many behavioral change models available to draw upon which I am sure can be found on google to help you.

It is also fact that weight loss is more successful when done in a group too.

Capes Health Professionals

by Capes Health Professionals on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:33 pm

I like this thread. The forums are great for advice and information for people to discuss everything health related.

What I like about motivation is that Amotivation (no motivation) is simply a state of mind. Changing behaviours is a process and can be measured from pre contemplation (thinking about exercise), contemplation (getting ready to change), preparation (intending to change), Action (the doing) and finally maintaining the behaviour change.

In order to do this there needs to be a change in mindset and for a lot of people that can be difficult. Thats why personal trainers are great to inspire, motivate and in some cases counsel their clients. It is always important to find a trusted and qualified erosional trainer though.

Of course, the best thing to do is to write down the benefits of change until they outweigh the drawbacks of not changing. It tends to be logical thinking that helps people to take the first step.

Anyway. Hope this helps and good luck with everything.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

4 posts