Giving up Chocolate, Cakes and Alcohol

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

18 posts
cwilliams2010

by cwilliams2010 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Giving up Chocolate, Cakes and Alcohol

Hello - I have given up Chocolate, Cakes and Alcohol for January....basically sugar, well at least the obvious forms of sugar. I am fine during the morning, as having a latte in the morning helps steam the sugar cravings. However after lunch I always have a piece of cake - think its something to do with rewarding myself - although no idea what I am actually rewarding myself for though! To substitute the said piece of cake I have an extra piece of fruit, but this unfortunately doesn't really stave off the craving. However after 30 minutes or so I am fine and back on track with normal activities and not thinking about my sugar issues. Then we hit 6 o'clock - I can feel my body getting ready for a 'deserved' glass of wine - once again not quite sure why I think I 'deserve' a glass of wine either. Next craving is after my meal when normally I have a sugar fix of a square or 10 of chocolate...... I have been very good and not given into the cravings, but I just wonder if anyone knows how long it takes for the body to stop feeling this way...is it actually withdrawal symptons I am feeling or is just a habitual problem I am dealing with?....
Catriona - talkhealth team
Please visit my blog on dementia http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... onas-blog/

qualitee68

by qualitee68 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Re: Giving up Chocolate, Cakes and Alcohol

wow nice
after reading your post its seems you are struggling with weight problems. can i suggest something to you.
just stick your resolution to avoid this junk food and do some healthy exercise
and see the magic.

mark

by mark on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Keeping away from the poisons that are Sugar, Sweetner and Alcohol, will have a very possitive end result :D

Carob is an alternative to Cocoa... if you fancy a treat... Occasionally!

Fruits are high in natural sugars and coffee a stimulant, so for about half your day you have survived on sugar and stimulants. This is a very stressfull situation for the body to be in.

I would urge you to eat before 10am at the latest and make sure you have a healthy source of protein and complex carbohydrates this will balance your blood sugars better than at the moment. Your body is on a high and low roller coaster that needs more of a stable income of quality foods throughout the day. Pick at nuts and dried friuts throughout your day and drink plenty of water 2lts a day.

You deserve good health, and you deserve to make positive life choices, It will take some time for your body to adjust as it no longer has the drugs and poisons coming in, so you will feel different emotionally and physically.

Keep strong in the knowledge that you are doing the right thing by avoiding Confectionary and Alcohol. It feels good when you make the right choice. Its is life changing! :)

Moving your body and mind (exercise) will help you emotionally and physically also. You want to... you should do... you can... you will... You did!!! Whats a journey to reflect on. Make it happen. Best of luck to you. Keep us updated :)
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... arks-blog/

Savage112

by Savage112 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 pm

i get you...
i am allergic to sugar or any kind of sweet stuff. my skin suffers: rash, acne...
i do my best to fight cravings, the result is totally worth it
but i can eat a couple of candies after lunch too.
converting mkv to avi http://freemkvtoaviconverter.com/

mark

by mark on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

mark

by mark on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Sugar Blues by William Dufty is a good read.

The books argument is that refined suger is damaging to health and mental well being. It makes a case for refined sugar being an addictive drug.

Dr Willam Coda Martin 1957. Any substance applied to the body, ingested or developed within the body, which causes or may cause disease.... When is food a food, and when is it a poison?

Also for reference to the effects of sugar on populations see Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price. Its a Comparison of Primative and Modern Diets and their effects.

How are you doing with removing the sugar from your diet? Hope all is going well.
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

Nellysierra12

by Nellysierra12 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Once you resist the cravings for sometime, you will automatically get habitiated to a less sugar diet. You will not feel the high intensity in the urge that you had before anymore.

TeeJay79

by TeeJay79 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:26 pm

You do have to wean yourself off sugar, it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust though but once it has you'll be surprised.
I gave up sugar and now if i have a little bite of a cookie etc it tastes really sweet to me, almost inedible, so you will get there eventually.

18 posts