monitoring and measuring weight loss

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

2 posts
admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 am

monitoring and measuring weight loss

Hi - I thought I would just update you on how things are going. Well, I've still only lost 7 pounds which is really very annoying. But as the mornings are getting lighter it won't be long before I can go for a walk a few mornings each week before I get the kids up and we go off to school and work.

In the meantime I thought I really ought to record what I'm eating. I have a BlackBerry and so I've downloaded a brilliant app where I can record everything I eat and it counts the calories. It even had an M&S sandwich on the list and would seem to have most major UK brands and makes. I guess there could be a US version too.

So, I've entered my height, weight, weight I want to be, how quickly or slowly I want to lose the weight and how much exercise I do (or don't do at the moment).

I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if this affects my weight loss - actually seeing what I eat is helping to focus the mind!

I will keep you posted on progress.

Does anyone else record what they eat on an app like me, or via their computer, or even the traditional 'writing it down' method? Would love to find out what works for others.

Deborah Mason
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

Jenny S

by Jenny S on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 am

Re: monitoring and measuring weight loss

Hello Deborah - seems like a sensible idea - will look on my Blackberry and see what I can find. I'm eating sensibly but not tracking (whoops there's an old Weight Watchers word creeping in there!). Thanks for the tip.
Jenny
Wants to lose weight!

2 posts