Tell me more...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

21 posts
mark

by mark on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 am

Re: Tell me more...

Hi izza,

Eating clean life foods will also help. Your digestion matabolism and excretion of food uses many calories so keeping the systems working well is a good thing.

Move as much as you can and get the rest you need... In bed before 10.30pm :) rest is just as important.

Try boxercise, circuits and other intense classes like spinning for a good calorie burn. Sprint training, or interval, fartlec training is also worth a try :shock:

Mark
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... arks-blog/

Kate99

by Kate99 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi Mark,

thanks so much for your reply it was really interesting and much appreciated.

I will try swimming and walking more. I used to swim quite a lot and found that it didn't affect my asthma too much and that i could keep going for quite some time but i never seemed to lose any weight.

I have quite an active job so thought this would have helped me to lose weight but again no joy so far!

Thanks again!

DeborahWyatt

by DeborahWyatt on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:02 pm

I think exercise + healthy eating is the only way.

Mark .... if I carry on with the cuppa soups, ryvita etc (see other post in other section) and do a brisk 25 min walk EVERY day, do you think I could lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks!! 8-)
Deborah Wyatt
talkhealth

Visit my blog about weight - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... orahs-blog

mark

by mark on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi kate,

Try aqua classes, using floats so the arms and legs are used on their own.... Running in water is good also :D

Replied to you also deb.

Mark
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

SamooraJ

by SamooraJ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 pm

After I had my son I hit a very low point n reached a very heavy 100kg for my small build n height. After much effort I managed to join my local gym and really did well to reduce to a double figure which I am still at now which is 74kg. I always drop to 70/71 plateau then back to 75 n keep bouncing between here. For the past 3/4 years my health has taken a knock where I was diagnosed with Vertigo so balancing was an issue and although this is so much better than before I have again managed to join my local gym but cannot get back into the swing of it. I really enjoy the group workout such as Zumba and Body Pump but cannot get myself to enjoy the cardio workout in the gym.
With regards to my eating I really need to know what I need to work on as I feel I eat much healthier n my portion size is so much better. So I can't figure what I can do to move away from plateau n drop some more kgs & keep it off.

mark

by mark on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Hay Sam,

Im still replying from my mobile, its Great you are possitive and keep this energy flowing. Look to drink only water, cut out bread, pasta and potatoes and add in more life foods only. Reduce your sugar intake, no sweetners either. Chew your food 30* before you swollow and always drink half pint of water before you eat a meal.

It is hard to advise without a full consultation. I am keen to know What your diet consists of. Times you eat, your mood at food times and sleep times. :D
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

mark

by mark on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi Samoora,

How are you getting along?

it would be good to hear from you

mark
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

Lucy11

by Lucy11 on Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Mark,

I wondered if you could advice me a bit. I have recently started a new exercise regime. Around 5 times a week (can never find time for 7 days unfortunately) I walk the dog for around 30 - 45 minutes depending on time i have then at another point in the day (usually walk in the morning and do the rest in the evening) i do 90 sit up things on an ab roller, 15 minutes on a stepper, 5 minutes on a twisty thing then 5 minutes with my punch bag.

Is this ok though? I am starting to feel more toned across my stomach but i worry that doing the same thing everyday means i will stop feeling the difference. I am gradually increasing how much i do so is this enough?

Is there anything else i should be doing. I would like to tone my arms, bum and legs more as my stomach is the only place i am seeing improvement - although not enough yet!

Thanks so much.

Lucy

ivanhabia

by ivanhabia on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:44 am

mark wrote:Hi all,

Im keen to hear about your health and exercise concerns, successes and any questions you may have in relation to health, weight, exercise and fitness :o

Please do start a new "topic" or simply continue this thred with your reply.

Let us know of any good classes you attend, or any good membership deals of local gyms/clubs you are a member of.

:)
Mark
I never attend any classes for exercise because i have a good knowledge of exercise and i spend time to do exercise at home. I just want to know that it is right for everyone who want to start exercise without classes. Can you give all information to start exercise at home.

reeviint

by reeviint on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:53 am

Move as much as you can through out the day and try to have a set exercise day where you workout for say 30mins. You need to build a life style around positive life choices in regards to foods and exercise.

21 posts