Help needed for new talkweight site launching April 2012

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

7 posts
DeborahWyatt

by DeborahWyatt on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 am

Help needed for new talkweight site launching April 2012

Hello – at talkhealth we are busy building the new talkweight site. I would very much welcome any feedback from both our members and viewers on specific types of information, content or services that you would like to see and would find helpful on the new site. I welcome all views and opinions on what you find to be most or least helpful either on our existing talksites or on other health sites. Please feel free to either contact me directly either replying to this post or email info@talkhealthpartnership.com. Thank you in advance.
Deborah Wyatt
talkhealth

Visit my blog about weight - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... orahs-blog

mark

by mark on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Help needed for new talkweight site launching April 2012

You know where i am Mrs Mason. :D
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... arks-blog/

SamooraJ

by SamooraJ on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:30 am

Hi I am new to this but really like that there is
space to say what your needs and feelings are about is affecting you.
With this weight topic I am looking to learn how to overcome binge eating
or overeating both for myself and my 11 yr old son and also want to know
how I can help my child as I know he is depressed and concerned about his weight
and body size/shape.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello SamooraJ - thank you for posting and participating in our forum.

We will be launching the site, talkweight, at the end of April and there will be lots of information about all types of weight issues including binge eating and over-eating.

We don't, at the moment, have a specific area in our weight forums for young people to talk to each other - just wondering if this would help in any way as we are always very happy to accommodate any needs you have and can easily create a new sub-forum within our weight forums. Let me know what you think?

It's always tricky with young people. We have a health and fitness expert who visits our talk sites - Mark Westbrook. I will ping him a message to see if he can provide you with any pearls of wisdom that may help.

Do you know if your son has spoken to anyone about his feelings about his body shape and size? Young people have lots to cope with connected with adolesence as it is and weight issues only add to the stress. Does your son exercise? Perhaps a brisk walk around the block for 30 minutes each day would help.

Please do come back and talk to us some more.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

mark

by mark on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Hello sam,

I am on my mobile at the moment, Really pleased you posted, thank you for this, Please see my blogs for future info on health and exercise, and I will reply to you as soon as i can hop onto my laptop.

Please feel free to email or contact me direct If you would like.

Mark
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... arks-blog/

SamooraJ

by SamooraJ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:17 am

Thank you both for your reply and your support. I want to help my son as I remember those feelings at his age for
myself. Yes, he does speak to others but only a close person about how he wishes he was thin/skinny. He is quite active in school and after his request he has joined junior gym at our local leisure centre. From a young age he has loved sports but we moved home so many times it must have affected him but what I believe led to his binge/overeating is learning a few home truths about a close person to him.
I would really like to email you Mark to get alot more in depth information from only I don't know your email address.
I really appreciate your support as now I don't feel so lost.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Hello again SamooraJ - we are pleased you feel you are getting some support - you are amongst like minded people that's for sure.

You can private message Mark - just click the little PM/person symbol next to Mark's name - he'll then be able to pick up your message. Hope this helps.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

7 posts