Loss weight

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

12 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Re: Loss weight

Hi Marceltr,

We do have lots of different resources available for you to look at here;
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/talkweight/

Losing weight fast has always been a bit of a contentious issue and we would always recommend getting your general health checked out with a GP or other health professional prior to embarking on a diet. This is particularly important if you have a lot of weight to lose or have any other related health issues.

The evidence often suggests that crash dieting rarely works and that often small healthy changes over longer periods sustain weight loss in the longer term, especially when combined with other changes to your lifestyle such as exercise.

Hopefully the information available at the link above will give you some ideas of what may work best for you but do please keep us posted with your weight loss journey.

Best of luck!
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Wouterfit26

by Wouterfit26 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi Marcel,

Here are a few websites I heard good stories about to lose weight!

]https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fi ... week-0509/

All the best,
Wouter
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: URL advertising has been removed. Not permitted in these forums

Monika Mateja

by Monika Mateja on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Losing weight is one of the most life changing decisions and should be well considered in terms of the approach and your big WHY behind losing weight so that any healthy habits you create can stick and you keep your weight off forever.
There are a lot of resources nowadays but I would go down the road of whole foods plant-based diet (predominantly) with cutting out added sugar and starches (such as white potatoes, breakfast cereals, white pasta , white rice). Go for protein with every meal, plenty of fresh veggies, and some low carb fruit. Make small changes every week and add on rather than everything in one or two weeks so that your brain has time to adjust to changes. You lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym - just remember that before you start with an exhausting exercise routine.
My advice is subject to your current health condition and lifestyle.
Good Luck
Monika Mateja
Health Coach and Nutritional Chef

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... mateja.php

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:52 pm

I think its easier to lose weight than put it on. To lose weight do less to put on weight do more.

Alessandro01

by Alessandro01 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:01 am

Keto diet is the best way to lose weight in a healthy way.

davidgraves92

by davidgraves92 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 am

The best way to lose weight is to watch your calorie deficit and exercise. Also watch your balance of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. Keto is not suitable for everyone, it is better to look at what is best for you.

davidgraves92

by davidgraves92 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:26 am

Thanks for your post! I've read a lot of information about people losing weight quickly, but it's dangerous to their health. I watch my calories, how much protein, fat, and carbs I eat. Also exercise and lots of activity a day. It's a good option.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:47 pm

I'd say - from experience - exercise is the key to losing weight. These are the activities I do:

1. Tai Chi daily
2. Walking a lot
3. Exercise bike daily
4. Step ups daily

It is all worth doing. I may not have joined a gym, but I keep active.

rachealbrown

by rachealbrown on Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:06 am

Yoga can be of great help in aiding with weight loss. Being over weight can affect the normal and healthy living of a person to a great extend. Thus, it is very important we maintain the right body weight. yoga is seen to be great in helping with weight loss. Some of the yoga asanas that one can do to help lose weight are-
plank pose
triangle pose
bow pose
twisted chair pose
bridge pose
Along with poses there are a number of other asanas that one can do to get benefited from yoga. So, it is advisable for a person to do yoga for 10 to ,15 minutes everyday to keep the body weight in check.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed May 05, 2021 3:10 pm

You're right, rachealbrown: yoga is incredibly good for weight loss. It is also good for general health. So many exercises do work. They also keep the body supple and circulation healthy. Plus, yoga [depending on the class teacher] is fairly gentle. I've done yoga many times and it really wakes you up. I really enjoy yoga, too.

I also enjoy tai chi. It is one great form of exercise. It stretches those muscles and wakes you up in the morning. Gentle walking helps fitness and health, too. Plus, the fresh air does the lungs good.

Whether or not someone's goal is losing weight, yoga, tai chi and walking will benefit them. These activities will also help deal with depression and general fatique.

12 posts