Morbid Obesity

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

3 posts
amankhatri

by amankhatri on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 am

Morbid Obesity

Morbid obesity differs from obesity, it is when a person has excess amounts of body fat and a body mass index or BMI greater than or equal to 35.

Morbidly obese people are at greater risk of factors that can directly affect their quality of life; like it can interfere with basic physical functions such as breathing or walking. We can say an individual is morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Re: Morbid Obesity

Hi amankhatri,

Thank you for posting on our forum regarding the difference between obesity and morbid obesity. This will be useful for members who may need clarification.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Morbid Obesity

amankhatri wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 am
Morbid obesity differs from obesity, it is when a person has excess amounts of body fat and a body mass index or BMI greater than or equal to 35.

Morbidly obese people are at greater risk of factors that can directly affect their quality of life; like it can interfere with basic physical functions such as breathing or walking. We can say an individual is morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight.
I am almost there, but i am only 14 stone. I have a 38inch waist. Depending on the trousers. Some clothes make a person look skinny while others can make a person look over weight. I do not just mean wearing big clothes. I mean tight fits, etc.

3 posts