Psychology Of Eating

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

4 posts
Kiran17b

by Kiran17b on Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Psychology Of Eating

By making better food choices, you would possibly be ready to control compulsive eating behaviors and weight gain. You would possibly also experience feelings of calmness, high energy levels, or alertness from the foods you eat. :) :) :)

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat May 23, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: Psychology Of Eating

It can be difficult for people with compulsive food disorders to make the right food choices. I am not diminishing your advice, but people with the condition you've mentioned suffer terrible food cravings and it can be difficult to pick up a vegetable casserole instead of a cheeseburger. I am not trying to be funny, but if someone has compulsive eating disorder, that is a psychiatric illness. It would be like telling a smoker not to smoke.

I am not a medical expert, but do understand addictions and cravings. I have an addiction to chocolate. I can be given an apple instead, but will secretly eat the chocolate. You're definitely no dunce and I do agree making the right food choices will reduce junk food cravings. In some cases, though, it isn't that easy.

I don't mean to come across as rude or opinionated but do feel my points are valid.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon May 25, 2020 11:56 pm

Weight gain is reduced by better food choices. The problem is people with compulsive eating disorders find it hard to control themselves and eat the healthy vegetables and so on. This is not because they are greedy but because of the way their brains are programmed.

What I am trying to say is you've made a good point. Healthy foods do reduce cravings for most people but certainly not all. Compulsive eating is quite common but your advice will work for them. However, not in all cases.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Kiran17b wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm
By making better food choices, you would possibly be ready to control compulsive eating behaviors and weight gain. You would possibly also experience feelings of calmness, high energy levels, or alertness from the foods you eat. :) :) :)
That is half true. Eating alone does not necessarily change the moods or bring calmness. It does help the system, partially.

4 posts