obese and health issues

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

8 posts
gafflasstracey

by gafflasstracey on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 pm

obese and health issues

hello there.
I am new to this site.
I for years have been on a constant diet, including slimming clubs, detox, you name it ive tried it.
I have diabetes type 2, underactive thyroid, asthma, arthiritis and bipolar. yep ive got loads of health issues but i try not to let them stand in my way.
i have a real problem with eating. sometimes i will have breakfast sometimes i wont, sometimes i go all day with nothing to eat but then binge on a night time. On manic episodes, i eat healthily but on depressive episodes i do everything. In my work, it is sometimes hard to eat healthy as i work part time on a funfair. i have a friend who works on a catering stall and he helps me, i love his chicken curry and his chicken in black bean sauce. when i have these i just have them on their own. i do have takeaways or after work go to his stall for a burger, but depending on what bread they have i sometimes just have the burger on its own without the breadbun. i am fussy with foods.
i do love my rice and pasta and chicken and steak. i like potatoes, eggs and i love my veg except parsnips. give me a plate of veg and i will eat it.
its just my eating pattern i am really worried about. not eating meals, snacking all the time, and even going all day without food. i drink loads, fizzy pop and dilute juice. i also take calcium tablets as i cant drink normal milk neat. i can drink sterilised no bother but with normal milk my throat starts itching.
i want to, i am desperate to loose weight. the exercise i do is walking, loads of it and on build up/pull down days it involves walking and heavy lifting so i am getting exercise.
i take 250mg of thyroxine, on 3 inhalers for my asthma, 1500mg metformin and 90mg of duloxitine.

Jhones125

by Jhones125 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:24 am

Re: obese and health issues

I think you need a good personal trainer who can suggest you right diet plan and workout that you deserve. Just keep your motivation high, you can loss weight and maintain your fitness through eating balance diet and regular exercise.

adishree1

by adishree1 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:12 am

Hello,

Nowadays obesity is not at all a problem.Neomed Hospital has introduced a highly sophisticated weight management division with Advanced Technology Electro Medical Equipments (ATEME ) along with a facility of computerized Body Composition Analysis (BCA) and professionally trained personnel. I had treatment there. I am slim now. Y cant u try Neomed Hospitals.

ChristineMoore

by ChristineMoore on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 am

You can set a realistic goal for yourself and have an inspiration that will motivate you to achieve that goal. Keep your motivation high and keep a healthier lifestyle. Follow a healthy eating plan. Watch your calorie intake. Be active and make to exercise regularly. Reduce screen time. And, keep track of your weight, body mass index, and waist circumference.

Klips1589

by Klips1589 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Below is my regime in a nutshell. I find it easy to follow & it keeps me at a healthy & good looking weight. I dont see it as a diet, it’s more of a lifestyle, which is important as diets never last.

Drink plenty of water
Have purechimp super tea once a day
Eat healthily in the week & enjoy treats at the weekend
Pick brown over white for grains
Exercise at least 3 times a week

We all know how to eat healthily it’s just finding a way that works for you. I have found the regime above takes minimal effort.

AAseeking

by AAseeking on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:24 am

i follow this regime,

every morining, i jog for about 2 hrs, then serve myself a bountiful of fruits poured with milk in breakfast. I never eat at lunch, but if i do, i eat only 1 meat and one egg. Dinner is fruiys and veggies again. Thats for mon to sat, when sun comes, i treat myself with anything i want to eat!

JudithJohnson

by JudithJohnson on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 am

If you are a diabetic, losing weight is really very important for you. Follow a proper diet, take the help of a dietitian for a controlled diabetic diet that works for both diabetes control and weight loss.
You can try weigh loss supplements with the permission of your doctor.
Do regular exercise as well.

8 posts