Managing exercise and CPS or Fibromyalgia

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

2 posts
Egordon

by Egordon on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 am

Managing exercise and CPS or Fibromyalgia

I am overweight. Seriously over weight. I have a chronic pain condition and arthritus in my feet. So yes, I am in pain right now. No I can't tell you where because it's all over me. This means at the moment I open my eyes in thr morning, I feel the pain flodding in to my muscles, joints, skin, organs - everywhere. There is nowhere that doesn't hurt to some degree or another. As the pain increased so the exercise decreased. Now, I have the equivalent of a young teenager distributed about my body. Not eating for two but weighing two! The problem is how to exercise enough to help with weight loss without setting off a full blown episode which will put me on my back, taking heavy duty painkillers, for anywhere between a few hours to a few months.

I am really getting desparate as my weight seems to climb and climb and nothing I do will stop it. I eat little and often. No fat or carbs. I include treats and motivators if I do well during the day. I include fresh fruit and veg in my diet and have started increasing my water intake. I know I'm on the right track with this but obviously need something more to get rid of the fat. But then........................
Vicious, vicious circle!

lilisojo

by lilisojo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Managing exercise and CPS or Fibromyalgia

I am in a similar situation. After my two youngest children were born I developed fibromyalgia. I tried exercise while on strong pain meds but would be bed ridden for two days after. It seems to be getting worse as time goes on and the weight is piling on and I'm now 15 stone. I was referred to rheumatologist who has suggested a gastric band. Just don't know what to choose. I am tired all the time so crave carbs constantly. I'm always in pain so can't exercise. So frustrating. I know what you're going through so hope you find some answers soon. The only exercise I was told was ok was walking.

2 posts