What Else Is Left To Do?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

7 posts
hjjr78@gmail.com

by hjjr78@gmail.com on Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:35 am

What Else Is Left To Do?

Here's the thing...

Years ago I spent less than three months in jail. During that time you get only the three meals a day and each meal is proportional, which means you're not going to be pigging out. You're going to drink mostly water because the lemonade and tea are so watered down, it's basically flavored water.

I was overweight when I went in and when I came out, I could see my stomach muscles in the mirror...my cloths were falling off me.

Fast forwarding...

I somehow gain the weight I lost back. Never even saw it coming, it just crept up on me slowly. So I said, I'm going to change the way I eat by going on what I call, "the jail house diet."

Keep in mind, my BMR is around 1756, give or take...

I went back to eating just the main three meals a day (six hours apart, like in jail) and each meal was anywhere between 250 to 400 calories, depending on what I was having (I kept cals low so I can put more on the plate). I kept fat calories to an all-time low and cut out sweets altogether. I stop using regular sugar in coffee and went with sweet-n-low packs.

My dinner is usually like 90 percent salad, with one palm size piece of meat...usually baked chicken (no red meats). I drink lots of water and sometimes at night, I might have a hot cup of coca at 80 calories.

I usually finish the day anywhere between 1000 to 1300 calories out of 1756 BMR (give or take). If I wasn't doing outside sprints until exhaustion, I was on the elliptical while watching a movie or the news. I do pushups and situps because I don’t want to let my muscles get burned up for protein (shouldn’t happen because I get high amounts of protein in my meals).

For some reason...

I CAN NOT BURN BODY FAT!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it! I didn't exercise at all while in jail but yet I came out slim and trim! Now I'm eating the same proportion sized meals and exercising and it seems like I'm just getting fatter!

What is the food in a county jail made out of!? Where can I get it again without going back to jail!? I'm convinced it's the food, if not, please....

Tell me!!!! WTF is going on!?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:44 pm

Re: What Else Is Left To Do?

Scientists did research in the world wars about prisoners of war and their weight: to vast weight gain.

Scientists discovered that the men who became the most skinny in prison ended up fatter once home than their bigger prisoner inmates.

That's nuts, right? But it's true. The more weight lost, the more weight the person will regain when normal eating is resumed. Also, yo-yo dieting can lead to weight gain. Basically this: if someone starves themselves, they'll become super-skinny. BUT once normal eating is resumed the weight piles back on: and then some.

Sounds strange, doesn't it?

dyosofian1383@gmail.com

by dyosofian1383@gmail.com on Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:34 am

Hi body. I understood that you have extra fat and you want to remove it, is that right? I have a solution for you. My friend has this problem for years and even vegetarianism couldn't remove his extra fat. Bot now with a new life stile he removed all extra fat ، and for now he has a flat stomach. But this life stile can be a little hard at first. Tell me if you want know and do it.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:20 am

Start eating low fat and cholesterol food

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:45 pm

hundalmarck@gmail.com wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:20 am
Start eating low fat and cholesterol food
Agreed.

dr. lefevre

by dr. lefevre on Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:55 am

Hey there,

Your problem may be related to the quality of your gut microbiome which has been depleted in prison.

In this case, the answer lies in a diversified diet rich in pre and probiotics rather than a drastic reduction in the number of calories consumed.

When we focus solely on reducing the number of calories we eat, the body adapts by reducing the energy expended for all our biological functions. And in the long run, we don't lose weight.

Thanks for listening!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:26 am

dr. lefevre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:55 am
Hey there,

Your problem may be related to the quality of your gut microbiome which has been depleted in prison.

In this case, the answer lies in a diversified diet rich in pre and probiotics rather than a drastic reduction in the number of calories consumed.

When we focus solely on reducing the number of calories we eat, the body adapts by reducing the energy expended for all our biological functions. And in the long run, we don't lose weight.

Thanks for listening!
I hadn't known about this. This advice is very much valuable and worth considering.

7 posts