Trying to lose weight after a C-section

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

1 post
CharlotteLee91

by CharlotteLee91 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Trying to lose weight after a C-section

Hello

I'm new to all this.
this is my first post.

i'm 22 years old and just had my first baby 10 weeks ago.
after a perfect pregnancy (sickness at the start but NO issues other then that) baby was all healthy and was told she was head down, to find out when in labor she was breach, so an emergency C-section had to take place.

i'm now over my recovery period and have been given the all OK from the doctor apart from my iron levels i'm all good.

i want to lose the baby weight and this tummy that i have grown over the last 9 months.

i just want some advice as to what other people have done after having a C-section as im not aloud to do heavy lifting and have been told even tho i'm fully fine my body is still fixing its self and need a good few months before i'm back to 'normal'.

any advice would be nice, i don't know how much my weight is At the moment i can only go by my dress size which is an 18, i would like to get down to a 12 which is 3 dress sizes, not fused how long would like it before Christmas.

i have been told by the doctor that losing weight will help with my back and my boob issue that i have (i'm VERY top heavy and is causing issues with my back) so over all i want it for my general health.

Thank you for reading this, any comment will be very helpful thank you =)