Struggling to gain weight

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

4 posts
lolliemop

by lolliemop on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Struggling to gain weight

Hi, I am struggling to gain weight and was wondering what to do to gain weight,
I'm fourteen years old and did a bmi test in biology last year and got 13.5, I currently weigh 6st or 37kg, 81lb and am about average height. I am not bulimic and eat three meals a day and snacks (including five a day, I rarely have fast food). I don't do a lot of exercise - just dance for an hour a week, walking to school and standard pe lessons.
I'm not sure if this is normal but really want to gain weight as people are starting to notice it and I have been accused to being anorexic/bulimic many times. As a teenager, I am aware that my body is changing and it is not attractive at all, I also have exams coming up which undoubtedly will cause weight loss from the stress.
Thank you for reading this and any advice will be greatly appreciated:)

Nellysierra12

by Nellysierra12 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:03 am

Re: Struggling to gain weight

Try to eat meals after immediately after exercising or a work out. You can also eat a bit of rice at night to put on some weight.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

lolliemop

by lolliemop on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Thank you for your quick response. Are there any alternatives to rice? As I am not fond of eating it so much, I also rarely work out so should I start doing this to gain muscle weight?
Thanks again,

Sally Heep

by Sally Heep on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:00 am

Follow the below mentioned things. Hope this helps you out -

:: Eat and Eat Often.
:: Add the right kind of fat to the diet.Healthy fats can be obtained from foods like peanuts, cashews, and olive oil. Stay away from saturated fats (bad fats) gained from processed foods.
:: Go High Protein
:: Eat late at night

4 posts