Dramatic weight loss with no answer!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

2 posts
MissEleanorBane

by MissEleanorBane on Fri May 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Dramatic weight loss with no answer!

Hello,
I'm Elli i weigh about 75 pounds and am 5 feet tall. I am 19 years old and I've been suffering from random and possibly life threatening weight loss. I was a c-section baby in a navy hospital that had hip dysplasia. When i was a baby i got staph pneumonia in the blood and had a fever of 105. It started at 8 years old when i showed signs that i wasn't gaining weight. The doctor ruled it out as severe digestive impaction and gave me powder. I also got really sick and they tolled me i had acid reflex. Starting my "lovely" puberty i develop bad eye sight, asthma, a sleeping disorder, and dyslexia. I'n my first year of high school i got very ill with a stomach bug that made me vomit every 5 minutes none stop. This went on for a week, not eating breakfast or dinner and puking every morning at school. They said i had a stomach bug and my abdominal pains were from painful ovulation. Soon after i left the house and later find out it had black mold. I got stronger acid reflex medicine and believed i was finally done. When i turned around 16 i was given many tests because i was not growing or gaining much weight. The doctor found nothing and just waved me away. For a while i would be on and off being sick for a while or a whole month then being fine for a small amount or large amounts of months. I got sick again my last year of high school and was just given medicine and a check up every once in a while. Suddenly last year in September i started getting immense pains in my digestive area which made me very sick. I went to a GI doctor who said i was 90 in July and suddenly 78. He suggested IBS but also an eating disorder. Of coarse i was very offended. Both my family, friends, family doctor, and nutritionist (which i was pushed into by my GI doctor) all said i showed no signs or mental signs. Still i suffered weight lose and nausea. I had a celiac test and got nothing. Later my doctor had the hospital get me a CT scan which found abnormal thickening in the colon. So i prepped for a upper GI and colonoscopy. I was given no answers because every thing checked out fine. I found out later my "fathers" family has a many women with colon cancer and skin cancer. My mothers side has ulcer colitis, crohns disease and many forms of cancers and diabetes. I am now even having possible breast cancer symptoms and am going to get them checked out. My GI doctor pretty much said at this rate i will die in 3-5 years and wants to put me i the hospital for a few days to "study" my hormone levels. He has also saying i need a psychiatrist for my anxiety, introvert, and depression. I know he also keeps accusing me of eating disorders but i have being so skinny and sick and i cry so much from it, I do eat i have like 6-7 meals a day and i take vitamins and an iron pill. I have no idea where to turn to. I' dramatically losing weight and no one can figure out what. My only beacon of hope says i'm sick in the head... I need answers, please help.

2 posts