Loose weight with minimum effort

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

17 posts
HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:23 pm

Re: Loose weight with minimum effort

Counting Calories is one of the easiest and most effective ways to start losing weight fast. drink more water, cut your carb consumption and start lifting weights.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:46 pm

To be honest, I struggle with counting calories. It is too much hard work and takes up needless time. I realize it works for many but not me.

I just try to be sensible with my diet and avoid fattening foods. I also do a lot of walking. But back to what I eat: I stick to vegetables and healthy home-cooked meals. I don't eat much fruit, though. I don't really like fruit. I do tend to eat foods that are good for my gut, too. I won't eat brown bread or museli. I eat foods that keep my body comfortable and gives me energy. I eat for energy, so I can keep active in the daytime. I do sometimes indulge in mini cakes. But that is not often.

Back to counting calories: again, it is time consuming and doesn't take into consideration what foods have been eaten. For instance, I may have consumed 250 calories, but was that from a chocolate bar or bowl of steamed vegetables? It is subjective.

I'd advise anyone wanting to lose weight, do it their own way and re-train their eating habits. There is no short-cut to losing weight. I know it is boring, but effective weightloss must be done slowly over time.

davidgraves92

by davidgraves92 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:11 am

Good post, it will always be relevant. It's a shame that people don't realize that their waste of energy is a waste of fat. The deficit will help get rid of the extra weight, but it is just as important to love yourself and accept yourself. Thank you!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Noom is meant to be a good diet programme. It claims to teach you how to eat right. Instead of drinking two shakes a day and eating a dinner at night, the programme shows you how to actually educate yourself about cooking, food and nutrition. I think it is a great concept. Because losing weight does work, but if normal habits are resumed, the weight piles back on and then some. BUT if you continue with the diet plan, you'll not regain the weight.

Weight gain does have a impact on self esteem, so Noom show HOW to keep it off. And - from what I can guess - is there is no meal replacement bar or shake in sight.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:34 am

Eating low-fat food, and avoiding junk food. Daily counting calories while eating food. Daily walking a minimum of three miles really gives a good result.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:15 pm

I am trying to lose weight: I just need more exercise.

dr. lefevre

by dr. lefevre on Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:26 am

Hey everyone,

I would like to complete the comment I have seen above: “Calories taken in < Calories burned out. That is the standard rule. But, Diet plays a pivotal role. Nutrition is the one that does 70% of the job”

While many of us may focus solely on restricting calories to achieve weight loss, there's another important aspect of our diet that we should be paying attention to: the diversity of our food choices.

Research has shown that having a diverse diet is crucial for maintaining a healthy gut microbiota, which is important for overall health and wellness. A diverse diet provides a wide range of nutrients and fibre that nourish our gut microbiota and support their growth and diversity.

This doesn't mean that calorie restriction isn't important for weight loss, but it does mean that we should also be focusing on the quality and diversity of our food choices. Some simple ways to diversify your diet include trying new fruits and vegetables, incorporating whole grains and legumes, and including fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi, or sauerkraut.

Of course, every person's dietary needs and goals are different, and there's no one-size-fits-all approach. But I think it's important to keep in mind that our diet isn't just about calories, and that a diverse diet can have positive impacts on our overall health and wellbeing.

Thanks for reading!

17 posts