Obesity

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

19 posts
iheartsays

by iheartsays on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:35 am

Re: Obesity

It is very alerting indeed with the increasing rate of obesity worldwide. There is a huge effect among each individual today who are having problem in decreasing their weight. One of the effects that may be the major cause are emotional factors. I was watching this documentary video by Agnes and David. They interview people who have achieve massive weight loss results. I learn by watching from their stories how people can affect each individual perception when it comes to food intake. I really recommend especially to those people who are trying to lose weight to take time to watch documentary videos such as the one Im watching. Emotionally it can help!

They have new episodes uploaded weekly. You can check on their website http://www.agnesanddavid.com or you can check on this link for their latest video: https://www.facebook.com/agnesanddavid/ ... 317235734/ very amazing story from Deborah! :D I also heard that they'll be creating a support community for people who are trying to lose weight. In case they'll be updating them I'll keep up to date in this forum. :D :D :D

keithndrews

by keithndrews on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 am

I agree with you @iheartsay This looks interesting. I'll be watching the video. Thanks for sharing :o ;)

Olivia2015

by Olivia2015 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello

It is true that today's fast moving life that increased the intake of junk and fast food. People hardly pay attention to their unless it actually becomes noticeable. Belly fat and fat deposition under the skin in different parts of the body actually deform the shape. Those who do not have time to go to the gym for the workout can also try some natural weight loss supplement. Because this is prepared from herbal extracts, this is safe to use. Also, drink plenty of water, take proper sleep and maintain a healthy food habit if you want to keep your body in proper shape.

healthyHazel

by healthyHazel on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Obesity is a problem that calls for some serious action if you are really concerned about your health. People who ignore the initial symptoms often land up in the troublesome situation. Once you get obese, you cannot deny the fact that you yourself are responsible for this condition. There is no way to escape the reality but face it with dignity! People will talk behind the back but it should not bother you. Our habits make a big difference in shaping up our body. Be it unhealthy eating habits or low count of physical endeavors, these give nothing but FAT! I have seen people taking Weight loss supplements that are marketed with the taglines like a healthy step towards easy weight loss. I really don't know about their reliability but the positive feedback on these is quite impressive.

RurikSchutte

by RurikSchutte on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:21 am

With the food being altered for production something has to give. And what took the hit was quality. Are food is low in nutrients. It actually takes more food today then it did 50 years ago to get the same natural nutrients.

That is one reason why we are getting fatter and our kids are becoming overweight. And that is why we are becoming overweight too.

I have been using a system that has given me mentally more clarity, more energy, lean muscle, and i have released over 30 pounds. All with in 3.5 months.

Richa_94

by Richa_94 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:30 am

Mechanized lifestyle is the main cause of obesity nowadays. Lack of physical activity, as well as unhealthy eating habits, are also responsible for it. It came into public attention after there is an increasing number of patients who suffered from the diseases, which occur due to obesity.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

RoyParker

by RoyParker on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:33 pm

I think it started in late 90s. The World Health Organization (WHO) provides a number of facts on obesity, including that globally in 2005:

Approximately 1.6 billion adults (age 15+) were overweight
At least 400 million adults were obese
At least 20 million children under the age of 5 years are overweight globally in 2005.

The WHO also projected that by 2015, approximately 2.3 billion adults will be overweight and more than 700 million will be obese. Since then, people are looking for secret exercises that help in rapid weight loss. Also, the shortcuts to get slim.

saleem000

by saleem000 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm

1. Food intake
It is a clear solution that one should increase the intake of food. It is better to consider it as a process, by starting to eat extra calories in small quantities. Step by step, increase the intake of food and gradually the quantity that a person used to eat. If the individual tries to increase the food intake as quickly as possible, then he/she will not be able to continue it in future. It is important to eat healthily, the person should try not to eat junk food.
2. Carbs and proteins
Protein and carbohydrates are critical for the human body. Protein helps to increase muscle strength and size. It is important to increase muscle when a person is gaining weight. Add carbohydrates to the diet to increase the fats in the body. The combination of fat and muscles will help in increasing weight. In proteins, take fish, mutton, beef, and chicken. In carbohydrates, eat potato, vegetables, beans and bread. But, there should be a proper check and balance on what the person is eating. It is better to consult the nutritionist, before taking carbohydrates and fats.
3. More weight
Working out is very important for people who want to gain weight. The person should increase the weight lifting ability, to increase the muscle size. Putting effort at the gym is important and worthwhile. The muscles need to be trained; the body can expand and increase the capacity in correlation to the weight the person lifts. It is favourable to do compound muscle exercises, which focus on a group of muscles. Hence, according to this more muscles are concentrated in this manner.
4. Rest
The body needs rest because it takes time for the muscles to reshape and grow. Resting is part of the workout process, so sleep for the optimum time, it can be helpful to gain weight. If a person continues to use the muscle, it causes muscle fatigue, and the muscle size starts to decrease. When a person is trying to increase their weight, they do not want to risk their muscle size. Hence, rest whenever there is time, and it will help in increasing the body weight.
5. Enjoy the process
It is imperative to enjoy the whole process because the individual does not have to compromise their diet by restricting themselves from eating delicious and tempting food. Eating can be fun if a person tries to make the best out of it. Skinny people can have the best body shape if they work towards it. It is better to increase the muscle size and achieve the required weight, than increase weight with fats. Also, make the whole process a lifestyle than making it a one-time thing, workout for psychological satisfaction, not to force oneself.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:37 pm

ongonadi wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 am
When did people start to realized that obesity is spreading throughout the world? I am doing a research paper on worldwide obesity. And one question that I have to answer in my paper is when did this issue come up? I know when it became a public problem in the United States but does anyone know when obesity came into the public attention worldwide in general?
I believe health issues and obesity have been an issue from times gone by. We cannot put a date on it, even Adam and Eve must of struggled at one point with health. The first man and woman died, like everyone else, and had normal problems like everyone else. Throughout history people have struggled with health issues. We could go to any religion and any book, and somebody struggled with weight problems.

19 posts