obese and health issues

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

7 posts
JessiesMum

by JessiesMum on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 am

obese and health issues

Hello

i am a member of Talk Health for a couple of month now, but not found the confidence to talk about myself. I have been reading through most of the topics on here and can realate to alot of members with their weight issues.
I was always slimm and have done boddy building and swimming as an very active sport from the age of 6 to 20 year old.Even after 3 kids i have been back to my "normal weight" . I always had to watch a bit what I eat but never had a problem with this.
6 years ago I had a very traumatic event and since I have gone through a very rocky time. I have had counceling and help from my GP, friends and partner and have worked on my anxiety and depression I had at this time.I would say I am fine with my life now but since this particular day, I started eating for comfort I guess. First I did not noticed that I eat sooooo much till my cloths did not fit anymore and people tried to give me a hidden hint about my weight gain.Till today I have put on 7 stone and I hate myself for this. I feel sick looking in the mirror, and every day of my life is about food food and food again.Waking up in the morning my first thought is: What do I have to eat, and this thoughts are there all day there till I go to sleep.I eat everything from bread to chocolate to fruit and vedgies, but the protions are for 3 to 4 people. I have tried so many times to loose weight, with diets, weight watcher etc, but I can handle and stick to a diet 2 to 3 days and then I eat even more than before. It's so disgusting.
Since 12 years I have Sheurmans Desease ( scrumbeling in the spine) arthritis of the spine, in my hands knees and shoulders and so my excersise is very limited and mostly I have to use my wheelchair.I am on high strengh Morphine for the pain, Amatripthelin for my muscle spasm and top up with Iburophine when the pain is very bad.
So overeating and no excersise and the fear to put even more and more weight on bothers me every single day.
I don't now anymore where to start or where I can go for help. My GP is telling me to loose weight because I am pre diabetic now, but telling me this don't help because i know this all. i now how to eat healthy, what portion to eat etc.But what ever I try I cant stick to it.
I really don't know anymore what to do and and where i can go for help.I know i can't manage this alone anymore.My partner is not much help even I tried to talk to her about this. but its like talking to a wall and I gave up and avoiding this topic for a long time now with her too.
For any help and advise where to start or to go, I would be very very happy, I even thought of a gastric band, but no way I could afford to pay for this and probably will be not eligable for this on NHS. But is there any other help somewhere? I am living in Mansfield Nottinghamshire. If any1 know someone in my aera to get help, please leave me a message,
Thanks a lot for reading and for this forum. It gives me a feeling I am not alone.

Talk soon ty x

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: obese and health issues

Hello JessiesMum - thank you for taking the time to post in our forum. It's daunting writing how you feel and it makes it all very real. It does sound like you've really been through it.

It is hard to know where to start with a weight loss programme and different diets and exercise programmes suit people differently.

It would be worthwhile taking a look at some of the blogs from a new blogger we have, James Rush, as he has lots of great advice on how to lose weight and I'm sure if you messaged him via his blog he would come back to you. Here is a link to his overall blog which has various individual blogs on it - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ames-rush/ - he has a great Beginners Guide to Weight Loss - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ight-loss/

Also, it would be worth reading and messaging Ed Francis - a hypnotherapist. Again he blogs on the talkhealth site and here is a link to his blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... d-francis/ and in particular and article on Successful Weight Loss - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ight-loss/

Hope this helps.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

saleem000

by saleem000 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:34 am

1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is regarded as one of the best home remedies for fighting obesity. It is highly rich in fiber, vitamins like vitamin B and C and minerals including calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus. Your digestion is improved as well as it helps in detoxification. It is important to know that healthy digestion is an essential pre-requisite for weight loss because it helps your body to get the nutrients required to burn fat. The citric acid that is present in lemons is very effective in burning fat. Therefore, you make lemon juice a part of your daily diet.

2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is another very popular and effective home remedy to reduce excess weight. It protects you from developing obesity and the use of vinegar as part of your healthy diet can in the long run help in weight loss and diabetes You should have up to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a day. And remember to not exceed this amount because may reduce your blood potassium levels.

3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera can be useful in treating obesity because it stimulates your metabolism, increases the energy consumption, and also mobilizes unused fat in the body. It is helpful because it contains more than 75 different biologically active substances. Aloe vera has natural collagen proteins that makes the body work harder in order to absorb the proteins. Also, it greatly helps in removing toxins from the digestive system and colon.

4. Green Tea
Green tea is arguably the most popular natural remedy to for weight loss. It is rich in polyphenols like epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), epigallocatechin, and epicatechin gallate which help in slowing down weight gain by limiting fat absorption and increasing the body’s ability to use fat. You should drink about three to four cups of green tea daily to fight obesity.

5. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper helps in controlling obesity and greatly aids in weight loss. It contains the capsaicin that stimulates your body to burn fat and increase your energy expenditure. Also, it stimulates your digestion and suppresses excess appetite caused by the malabsorption of nutrients in the body.

If you need a nutritionist you can check the hospital list where many good nutritionist practices.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

shruthi143

by shruthi143 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:29 am

It's very common these days hearing that 6/10 people are being obese. One of the main reasons for being obese is that we can't control our eating habits. do you know that a can of soft drinks contains around 7 tablespoons of sugar? Well, this is the problem we have at this present generation. Each and every food that tastes good has something damage to our body.. Instead of eating burger, pizzas, and more, we can fill the plates with some beautiful green veggies, pulses, light foods (mostly made at home) and fruits. And on the other hand, even exercising is also very much essential to get rid of obesity.. Please if anyone found more methods to reduce obesity, do share here.

alcurran33

by alcurran33 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:26 am

talkhealth wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:06 pm
Hello JessiesMum - thank you for taking the time to post in our forum. It's daunting writing how you feel and it makes it all very real. It does sound like you've really been through it.

It is hard to know where to start with a weight loss programme and different diets and exercise programmes suit people differently.

It would be worthwhile taking a look at some of the blogs from a new blogger we have, James Rush, as he has lots of great advice on how to lose weight and I'm sure if you messaged him via his blog he would come back to you. Here is a link to his overall blog which has various individual blogs on it - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ames-rush/ - he has a great Beginners Guide to Weight Loss - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ight-loss/

Also, it would be worth reading and messaging Ed Francis - a hypnotherapist. Again he blogs on the talkhealth site and here is a link to his blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... d-francis/ and in particular and article on Successful Weight Loss - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ight-loss/

Hope this helps.
Thank you for this - really helpful links with concise information. Sometimes the mountain seems insurmountable as the amount of information that is supposed to help is just so overwhelming, and you don't know which is the most reliable. I really like James's idea of habit forming, as you are more likely to stick at the one thing you are focusing on, and you are not changing 'everything' at once

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Its a shame your partner is not helping you, helping you is helping her, and helping the relationship. Sex is better than the two are more attracted to each other. Good luck. You have to do it for you, and not just for her. Obesity needs to be suppressed and dealt with by you, the best thing your partner will do is support you on it. Go to the gym more often than not,

7 posts