Diet groups or alone ?

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

6 posts
kaycee567

by kaycee567 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Diet groups or alone ?

Hi I am thinking of joining a local diet group, I'm disabled and a wheelchair user so can only walk small distances a few meters tops or light swimming pool work with family members. my question, is it a good idea to join a group/class for weight loss or do it yourself with healthy eating and watching calorie intake.

Thanks. Xxx :D

ChristineMoore

by ChristineMoore on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 am

Re: Diet groups or alone ?

Hi. It really depends on you since both choices may help you. You can do it yourself if you have a specific goal to achieve and know how to discipline yourself. It also okay with the groups because you may gather other ideas from them and their encouragement that may help you on your weight loss plan.

Klips1589

by Klips1589 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:14 pm

It depends on your own goals.
So I decided to cut down on the coffee & energy drinks and have been drinking purechimp super tea instead. My energy levels are great now & i’m sleeping a lot better. It’s been 1 month now and this is the best I have felt in a long time :)

JudithJohnson

by JudithJohnson on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:57 am

Both can help you differently to achieve your goal.. A support group will gather a lot of ideas together and working-out together will motivate you a more.. Doing alone is also great if you are disciplined and doing right things.

Young4ever

by Young4ever on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:42 pm

I think it depends on the person, I just needed to chande my lifestyle and I did it alone but with some help. I was afraid of buying stuff I didn't know so I trusted one friend of mine. She told me about many healthy things she buys online (Hempline Cosmetics) so I decided to try and I'm really happy I did it!

6 posts