underweight

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

How do I help my brother gain enough weight?

Postby zoey1992 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

My brother is so skinny. He is 20 years old already and he should be on the proper weight now. While reading something from an international dating blog, I saw cases about being skinny where they are more prone to diseases. I don’t want this to happen to my brother. Guys, you need to help me. How do I help my brother gain enough weight? I will really appreciate your responses y’all!
zoey1992

Re: How do I help my brother gain enough weight?

Postby talkhealth on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:52 am

Hi zoey1992,

Welcome to the talkhealth forum and thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the concern you have for your brother's weight. It may be worth contacting your GP or local dietitian who could examine whether your brother is in fact underweight and hopefully help you devise a diet programme and exercise programme to help him build up his weight.

Do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog
talkhealth

Postby Richa_94 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:10 am

Hi zoey1992,
Due to the eating disorder, your brother might not be gaining weight, such as lack of calories, nutrition and minerals in his diet. If this is the reason then tell him to include protein, carbohydrate, and fat rich food in his diet along with this weight gaining exercises will also be beneficial.

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
Richa_94

Postby Jimmybarret on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:19 am

I have same issue that i am facing.I tried too much to get weight but nothing happened. Please help me how i can get weight. My current weight is 55 Kg.
Jimmybarret