Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

13 posts
Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Re: Eating disorder issues

emmavaudet wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm
I'm a binge eater
I use to be slim when i was young. So, i didn't really care what I could eat as I would never get fat.
But i'm growing up now and I see that if i keep eating like that i'm getting fatter and fatter. I hate it.
Especially because i used to be very slim.
So I'm sometimes doing diet but after few days, I stop and I eat again. Not vegetables or fish but chocolate or crisps. I start feel guilty and hate myself then I do a diet again and again.
Its a vicious circle as I can't stop it at the end. any recommendation?
You have to be disciplined. I usually go to the gym and work out to control my weight. Me and most of my family would agree with you, when we say that when we were young it was hard to put on weight, now its hard to stop. Go to the gym and do lots of cardio.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:33 am

Eat more fibre, if possible start doing intermittent fasting

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:36 pm

emmavaudet wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm
I'm a binge eater
I use to be slim when i was young. So, i didn't really care what I could eat as I would never get fat.
But i'm growing up now and I see that if i keep eating like that i'm getting fatter and fatter. I hate it.
Especially because i used to be very slim.
So I'm sometimes doing diet but after few days, I stop and I eat again. Not vegetables or fish but chocolate or crisps. I start feel guilty and hate myself then I do a diet again and again.
Its a vicious circle as I can't stop it at the end. any recommendation?
Don't beat yourself up too much: you weren't to know when you were young that you'd put on weight.

Eating disorders are common and can be treated by medical experts. It has nothing to do with self-control: it's a psychiatric illness. I know the word psychiatric is scary, but it is true. Any abuse of food: bingeing/starving/vomiting/etc can be treated through counselling. In severe cases, it requires hospitalization.

So many people have eating disorders and can feel alone: but they're not alone. In fact, the wilderness is pretty crowded these days. You don't need disipline or to "control" yourself. You are human and normal. No diet regime or exercise routine can change your mindset: only counselling and writing a personal journal can do that.

Please talk to your doctor and tell her what you've told us: you're not alone and can gain support from other people in the same situation.

13 posts