Eating disorder issues

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

13 posts
emmavaudet

by emmavaudet on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Eating disorder issues

I'm a binge eater
I use to be slim when i was young. So, i didn't really care what I could eat as I would never get fat.
But i'm growing up now and I see that if i keep eating like that i'm getting fatter and fatter. I hate it.
Especially because i used to be very slim.
So I'm sometimes doing diet but after few days, I stop and I eat again. Not vegetables or fish but chocolate or crisps. I start feel guilty and hate myself then I do a diet again and again.
Its a vicious circle as I can't stop it at the end. any recommendation?

sabinelewis

by sabinelewis on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: Eating disorder issues

hi emmavaudet
I'm sorry to see that no one replied to your post. I believe that lots of people have the same problem as you. We are surrounded by food advert everywhere and its almost impossible to avoid them.
I recommend you to be more confident with yourself.
If needed , go to see a nutritionist.
Drink a lot of water and go to the sport center. Dont focus too much on loosing weight quickly. Try to be healthy and results will come at same time.
I wish you a good luck

ashleyjackson

by ashleyjackson on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi
I totally agree with sabinelewis.
Do exercise to keep fit and take advice from a nutritionist.
Thanks!!

salmarahman94

by salmarahman94 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:51 pm

sabinelewis wrote:sabinelewis
I agree with you sabinelewis, however, I have to add some issues eating lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits, sleep at least 8 hours daily and do some light or intense aerobic exercises.

Emma_Jones

by Emma_Jones on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:12 pm

I would like to share the technique suggested to me by my dietitian, with the help of it I have I lost eight pounds within the 1st month.

There is one resolution to your this food carving problem.
First, commit to yourself that you will never go on a diet again and you'll eat the only that food which likes. Here's the trick: if you recognize that you need not diet again and you can relish your favorite foods, and you continue to wish to be healthy/somewhat slim, you're nearly forcing yourself to vary your lifestyle.

You have just to make a small change in your diets like rather than eating a burger and fries; you have to eat a burger and a facet dish. Similarly, instead of having cooked fish and mashed potatoes, you'll have cooked fish with veggies. This way you can eat your favorite food and lose weight too.

sumita12sofat

by sumita12sofat on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 am

You need to change your diets. You must add healthy fat in your diet.

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Tue May 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi,
I don't think dieting is the best way to lose weight. In my opinion, eat a healthy diet and do exercise on a regular basis to keep fit.
Thanks.

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Reducing a big amount of food for your daily plate also results in an eating disorder. So it is better to reduce food gradually and also need to take a standard amount of food rich of nutrients. Else you will be weak.

13 posts