How To Overcome Depression?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

21 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Re: How To Overcome Depression?

I found your post interesting, imlisarichards. Having suffered anxiety and depression myself, I did not have the treatment you received. BUT I did have medication prescribed and saw a psychiatrist once in a while. I didn't suffer badly, but it is still there at the back of my mind.

Because depression pushes people away and really wrecks your life. I still have emotional lows, but I wouldn't commit suicide. I know, though, with severe depression, there is a much more likely event of someone ending their life. They can have therapy, they can have medication, but when those don't work, they take the devastating decision to kill themselves. It is awful and I think depression should be caught long before that stage.

Basically, if someone doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning - when before they did - that is a warning sign. If they make excuses to duck out of things, that is also a warning sign. I'd advise anyone NEVER ignore the signs in themselves or someone else. Depression must be caught early for treatment to work better.

21 posts