Discuss: What do you do to relax?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

18 posts
CherrySencha

by CherrySencha on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Discuss: What do you do to relax?

The stress of everyday life is something we all experience. However, for those of us with living with a mental health condition, we need to take extra special care to de-stress when it all gets too much. Even relaxing is something that really isn't as straight forward as it should be.

So what do you do to relax? If you've had a bad day or had a flare-up, what calms you down? Maybe we can all find something in this thread that we haven't tried, or something we can try again :)

For me, I love grabbing a white tea and sitting down with my pets. If I've had a terrible day at work, they still manage to make me smile.

Something I'd love to try again would be acupuncture. I've always been super sceptical, and still am, but I had ear acupuncture done a few years ago and I felt pretty relaxed for a good 15 minutes. I'd just need to find out more about where this service is offered.

I'd love to hear your thoughts :mrgreen:
Jen
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mobitoka

by Mobitoka on Sun May 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: Discuss: What do you do to relax?

Yoga is a perfect way to relax. In fact, it is one of the best ways to rid yourself of anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders. Try it with a little bit of meditation. :)

matthewtweedie

by matthewtweedie on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 am

for me its meditation which helps my mind and body to feel relaxed....and music is my life whenever i feel bad or stressed I spend my time by having cup of coffee and love to listen music.
Adelaide Anxiety Clinic provides treatments of various mental health problems such as social anxiety, binge eating, IBS and PTSD. To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.adelaideanxietyclinic.com.au/

Healthygirl

by Healthygirl on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am

When life seems to be getting me down in one or another, I have found that Mindfulness is a real comfort. After researching about it for some time, I then adopted it to my life. At first I felt guilty as though I should be doing other things rather than focusing on myself. The more you practice, the more taking time out for yourself becomes easier and easier.
Meditation is a great way to detach yourself with the day's stresses and to focus your mind on your breathing and this creates less brain stress and really does improve conditions associated with stress and anxiety conditions. It works for me, but every one is different. If your unsure about whether it would work for you, go to your library and get a book out and see if you think mindfulness is for you.
I also found that I not only was becoming less stressed , but also pains that my body had previously been experiencing, were less painful.

Richa_94

by Richa_94 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

For me to get relax there is no other way than yoga and meditation. It not only helps in keeping you mentally strong but it also helps in relaxing the mind and releasing stress. Along with this proper sleep also helps in relaxing mind.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

BernardRichhi

by BernardRichhi on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:45 am

Whenever I am in stress I always prefer to listen to music and go out for jogging it keeps my mind relaxed and whatever I was thinking it all flushes and my mood is getting fresh.
Bernard Richhi Head Nurse at Nursing Home for Elders in UK

Healingarts

by Healingarts on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 pm

After Working out during the day allows most people to sleep for feel relax.If you want to stay active until bedtime even after working all day.There are some tricks to feel alert for whole day.One of trick is listening music.Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies, especially slow, quiet classical music.Music can also be a powerful way to stay away from stress and have found the perfect song to listen to if you need to relax.

JohannaKlovers

by JohannaKlovers on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm

For me, specific 'letting go/grounding/getting more in touch with yourself' type of meditations really seem to help my brain and body relax. It improves my sleep too. I also like to spoil myself with a mask, a nice hot bath or shower and reading a book.

emmaclark

by emmaclark on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:45 am

Hi,
Interesting question. In my opinion, Yoga and meditation is the best way to relax your body and mind.
Thanks.

18 posts