Do I need to continue OCD medicines throughout life?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Abeljohn

by Abeljohn on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:59 am

Do I need to continue OCD medicines throughout life?

Hi, I am suffering from a kind of behavioral disorder. I am more concerned about cleanliness. I wash my clothes, plates, and everything more than thrice to make it cleaner. I am scared of contamination. So I am more keen on my surroundings. I wash my hands if I touch anybody from outside. I am really upset due to this. My hubby told me that it is a kind of behavioral disorder. Then, I searched on the internet for this. I read that these are the symptoms of OCD. I want to take treatment before getting this complicated. I am planning to take an appointment at a clinic in Toronto for undergoing obsessive compulsive disorder treatment. But I would like to know whether this disorder is completely treatable. Do I need to continue medicines throughout my life? Is it possible to cure this by behavioral therapies or individual counselling? If anyone knows about this, please help me with your replies.

matthewtweedie

by matthewtweedie on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:22 am

Re: Do I need to continue OCD medicines throughout life?

No need to worry, OCD can be cure easily without taking any medicines, do not take medicines they have side effects. Better to see a psychologist to treat OCD with hypnosis, this therapy can leads to overcome your problem.
Adelaide Anxiety Clinic provides treatments of various mental health problems such as social anxiety, binge eating, IBS and PTSD. To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.adelaideanxietyclinic.com.au/

lookharper6@gmail.com

by lookharper6@gmail.com on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am

Re: Do I need to continue OCD medicines throughout life?

I thought that you may not need to long term.

3 posts