not enough money

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

7 posts
wolfgirl

by wolfgirl on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 am

not enough money

i have only managed to work part time recently and i dont have enough money to pay everything. I have now got a full time job but havent started yet. i have maxed out my overdraft and credit card and fallen behind on car payments and insurance etc.

Prob is my family. They keep going on about it and it stresses me out! why cant they understand that if i cant pay then at least by ignoring it my mental health is better. If i worry then i wont be able to sleep, i'll be miserable and it still wont solve anything. They keep saying that talking about it will help but i dont see how. I now try and avoid my family as much as poss.

Salty Bear

by Salty Bear on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: not enough money

It is difficult but i am sure they just care about you! Have tried talking to them?

wolfgirl

by wolfgirl on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

No point talking to them we are on different wavelengths. I cant sort out what i dont have the money for - simple as.

Will try talking to them though and see if they listen, thanks

godin3persons

by godin3persons on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:33 pm

I understand to some extent how you feel. I've recently been diagnosed with Bipolar type 1 and had to give up work due to bullying. My husband and I are living on his very low salary and using our savings which is a struggle as I'm terrible with money, I'm in my 50's but all my life I've not understood the value of money, and just spend whatever I have.
Unfortunately your problem won't go away unless you do something about it. Your debts will keep growing and if you're not careful you will get visited by a bayliff.
Do you have a therapist or mental health team caring for you? If not maybe talk to your G.P to get started.
Financially you could try the Citizen advice centre to help you find a debt management service in your area who can help you to gradually pay it off. If you do this yo'u'll probably find your family will stop bugging you as show you are trying to sort it out. I hope things get better, I'm sure once you are working again it will get easier.

anxiousanita39

by anxiousanita39 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi im new on here but i have a lot of stress related to being on a low wage... its really hard especially with a teenager and being a single Mum and i also have anxiety and depression... but ive found that i can help my stress with money by writing down everything i spend and keeping a total of it... some people might think this is worse but it gives me more peace of mind actually knowing what im spending money on and it means i can explain to my teeange son why he cant have the latest gadget and its actually helped him to understand too.... dont get me wrong i still worry and get anxious at times but i feel better for having it all noted down and ive even managed to save some money (£1.20 a week for 5 weeks so far!) not much but its better than nothing. I hope you can get yourself sorted.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:43 am

Hi anxiousanita39

Welcome to the talkhealth forums. Thank you for your very honest and positive post. We appreciate that when things are linked, come together it can make anxiety worse. We have a free wellbeing support programme that you could sign up to for helpful information and advice, we've included the URL for you https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php.

We hope you find our site informative and helpful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

7 posts