How To Overcome Depression?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

28 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Re: How To Overcome Depression?

I found your post interesting, imlisarichards. Having suffered anxiety and depression myself, I did not have the treatment you received. BUT I did have medication prescribed and saw a psychiatrist once in a while. I didn't suffer badly, but it is still there at the back of my mind.

Because depression pushes people away and really wrecks your life. I still have emotional lows, but I wouldn't commit suicide. I know, though, with severe depression, there is a much more likely event of someone ending their life. They can have therapy, they can have medication, but when those don't work, they take the devastating decision to kill themselves. It is awful and I think depression should be caught long before that stage.

Basically, if someone doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning - when before they did - that is a warning sign. If they make excuses to duck out of things, that is also a warning sign. I'd advise anyone NEVER ignore the signs in themselves or someone else. Depression must be caught early for treatment to work better.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:50 am

Try to talk to her and identify any situations that have contributed to her depression. Talking is a way to release feelings and to receive some understanding. She also need to get help from a doctor or therapist.

stefydoe

by stefydoe on Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 pm

MAK-KAME wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:14 pm
Anxiety and Depression are really life-threatening. People don't take it seriously but these can actually lead you to suicide. I had been combating depression for many years. The suffering, the ignorance, and feeling of low self-esteem is so worse. I use to ground myself in my room for days and got totally anti-social. I was recommended Medical cannabis to cope up with my anxiety and depression. Since last year I'm better than before. It's not easy to get rid of something once you are in it. I know Drug addiction can be life-threatening. Never stop using a drug all of sudden. Your body is immune and used to getting a particular dosage of that drug so stopping it can cause major withdrawal symptoms and is very uncomfortable. That is why I didn't rely on opioids for my treatment. I read how experts appreciate medical marijuana for coping up with depression and I took that. Trust me I am much better than before. In fact back to normal. Raise your head, man up, and combat this depression.
Hi Daisy!

I read your post. You're right on drug addiction and it's great that you are recovering from drug addiction by yourself.
Still, not everyone can recover by themselves, since it's not easy to leave quickly.
Since one of my friends is addicted to drugs, I can understand how tough the situation is for anyone coping with this.

A friend of mine suggested her to try a rehab recovery center, where there were a lot of people in recovery.
Moving into a https://www.threshold-recovery.com/ after treatment makes the difference between going back to their old habits or continuing on the path of sobriety. After listening to the whole process, she went to the center and spent 6 to 7 month in recovery.
Presently, she is fine and recovering from drug addiction.

If someone needs help to recover from drug addiction, alcoholism and mental health problems, I think sober living homes or halfway house is one of the most effective options!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 pm

stefydoe wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 pm
MAK-KAME wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:14 pm
Anxiety and Depression are really life-threatening. People don't take it seriously but these can actually lead you to suicide. I had been combating depression for many years. The suffering, the ignorance, and feeling of low self-esteem is so worse. I use to ground myself in my room for days and got totally anti-social. I was recommended Medical cannabis to cope up with my anxiety and depression. Since last year I'm better than before. It's not easy to get rid of something once you are in it. I know Drug addiction can be life-threatening. Never stop using a drug all of sudden. Your body is immune and used to getting a particular dosage of that drug so stopping it can cause major withdrawal symptoms and is very uncomfortable. That is why I didn't rely on opioids for my treatment. I read how experts appreciate medical marijuana for coping up with depression and I took that. Trust me I am much better than before. In fact back to normal. Raise your head, man up, and combat this depression.
Hi Daisy!

I read your post. You're right on drug addiction and it's great that you are recovering from drug addiction by yourself.
Still, not everyone can recover by themselves, since it's not easy to leave quickly.
Since one of my friends is addicted to drugs, I can understand how tough the situation is for anyone coping with this.

A friend of mine suggested her to try a rehab recovery center, where there were a lot of people in recovery.
Moving into a https://www.threshold-recovery.com/ after treatment makes the difference between going back to their old habits or continuing on the path of sobriety. After listening to the whole process, she went to the center and spent 6 to 7 month in recovery.
Presently, she is fine and recovering from drug addiction.

If someone needs help to recover from drug addiction, alcoholism and mental health problems, I think sober living homes or halfway house is one of the most effective options!
These two posts I agree with 100%. I cannot offer better advice.

lookharper6@gmail.com

by lookharper6@gmail.com on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:40 pm

I thought that the best way to treat your depression is to eat healthily and get enough sleep.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue May 17, 2022 1:36 pm

Eating healthily and getting enough sleep ARE good for depression: you're right there. But depression is a psychiatric illness and more complex, therefore treatments are more complex than simply having enough sleep.

Therapy has been known to successfully treat mild depression but with more serious depression, it takes the care of the mental health services: such as a therapist and even psychiatrist.

I am by no means a therapist myself but I do know depression isn't so easily treated.

emmaclark

by emmaclark on Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:56 am

Depression is a common and dangerous medical condition that has a negative impact on how you feel, think, and behave. It has a significant influence on your everyday activities, including how you feel, think, and manage daily tasks like eating, working, and sleeping. Many people tries many ways to cop with depression.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:25 am

Early treatment with medicine and consultation with a psychiatrist makes it simple to beat depression. One might attempt nasal spray spravato therapy if their depression is severe.
https://brainspallc.com/spravato-treatment-center/

28 posts