How To Overcome Depression?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

28 posts
fshepherd23

by fshepherd23 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 am

How To Overcome Depression?

Hi, I'm Faith. I have a friend who extremely felt sadness and loneliness now. she thinks she's alone. she felt worthless. All of her thoughts, feelings are always negative in this world. She's too sensitive to things. She experienced difficulties in sleeping every night which they called insomnia. She also loss her appetite too. How can I help my friend to overcome her depression?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Re: How To Overcome Depression?

Hi Faith,

Welcome to the talkhealth forums and thanks for you post.

We're very sorry to hear about the problems your friend is having, it's very good that you have been able to identify these issues.

It is important to ensure that your friend can seek out expert advice from their GP. We would suggest trying to convince them to seek further help from either their doctor, or one of many charities that can help support those living with depression.

Do let us know how your friend gets on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

jeffers08

by jeffers08 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am

since you are her friend, there is a chance that she will listen to you. I agree with his comment that you should convince your friend to seek an expert. It must be solved because it can damage her life with that kind of situation. I think you should read the ADHD blogs https://www.adhdcentre.co.uk/blog/ about depressions, the website's clinic where my son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 7 years old.

avinash802

by avinash802 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 am

There are times in life when we feel like things will never get better and that our feelings of depression will never end. Depression is a disorder that is evidenced by excessive sadness, loss of interest in enjoyable things, and low motivation. CBT is an excellent treatment for depression, alone or in conjunction with medication.

fitnesshealth4

by fitnesshealth4 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:10 am

Being depressed can make you feel helpless. You're not. Along with therapy and sometimes medication, there's a lot you can do on your own to fight back. Changing your behavior -- your physical activity, lifestyle, and even your way of thinking -- are all natural depression treatments.

fshepherd23

by fshepherd23 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 am

Sometimes, I see depression as some kind of an effect due to a recent happening. I think this could be an effect of a recent breakup, family problems that has piled up or even an effect of a financial crisis. I just can't help but think of a way to inspire people having depression, especially my friend.

saraheasy

by saraheasy on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 am

Hi!
I truly sympathize with your friend. I could advise you, first of all, to be gentle and supporting with your friend and then to do your best to persuade her to work with an expert. Try to share your love and complete acceptance with her. Love safes

bartelby

by bartelby on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:06 pm

Being around someone with depression must be overwhelming. That's why there's no-one around me other than my family and a few friends :) I just ran into a website on reddit which can be useful for you. https://mydepressiontreatment.com/10-wa ... epression/

pspross1989

by pspross1989 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Hey Faith,

Your friend should really see a mental health professional, either a therapist or a counselor to help her with her depression. There are many different types of depression that could be affecting her. Sometimes there are other, co-occurring mental health problems that may need to be addressed too. It's not always easy to get someone who is depressed to go get help, but it's always worth a try. It could save a life. Best of luck to you.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed
https://www.ambrosiatc.com/locations/west-palm-beach-drug-rehab/

That_Jason_Guy

by That_Jason_Guy on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:42 am

Another +1 for pspross1989' advice here. I was in a pretty dark place towards the end of last year. Seeing a professional was difficult - it almost felt like admitting defeat, in a way - but as we push into the latter half of 2019 I haven't felt this good in a long time. It's often that initial hurdle that takes the most work. I'd also recommend checking in with a local GP or doctor and seeing if there's any medications that could help support your friend. Sometimes they're a good fit. Sometimes they're not. But it's worth exploring the options. They are out there! All the best. I know it's a tough spot to be in.

28 posts