24/7 Head pressure, headaches, anxiety, have had it for year

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
adam1234

by adam1234 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:05 am

24/7 Head pressure, headaches, anxiety, have had it for year

So for at least 2 years now, if not longer, I have had pressure in the temples of my head constantly all day, every day: non-stop. You see it always feels like the area around and at my temples is being squeezed by something sharp. And quite often I get sharp spikes of pain in that area as well. And this is on the good days. You see I have found something that has helped me, and it confuses me a great deal. That is learning, or using my brain intensely in some fashion such as math, or my favorite way, programming. You see when I am programming or doing some similar brain intense activity my symptoms lessen, the sharp spikes go away and the pressure in my temples feels as though it loosens. And the most important thing is it brightens my mood. You see one thing I failed to mention is that with the pain, if I have gone a long time without a brain intense activity my mood becomes horrible, I become completely unsocial, unable to muster any normal response to anything, and/or I become extremely anxious sometimes to the point that I feel as though I cannot breath and/or I become extremely agitated at the smallest things. And if I go long enough without any brain activities the sharpness increases at the sides of my head, get more painful, and even at times go to the back of my head. And these brain activities help, they make the worst symptoms go away, I can steal feel the pressure, and I still get the anxiety, but at least for the period I am doing them and a little time afterward, I feel alright. So it has almost become an obsession for me, to get home and do something brain intense. I am constantly thinking about the next time I can go home and program when I am away, it's almost to the point where I don't even know if I like programming anymore, or if I just do it to get rid of the symptoms. I don't like living like this. I want to be able to go on a week trip somewhere and not live every moment in pain and be a complete unsocial, anxiety ridden mess. I want to do other things other than the brain stuff, without preparing my self for pain. I don't understand any of it. The doctor thinks it's neck pressure and I am currently trying anti-inflammatory drugs (just started), not sure if they work yet. My family thinks its part of my sinus problems, since I've always had those. Honestly I don't know anymore. If anyone reading this has the slightest idea of what might help, or what it might be please say something, I am open to anything you have to say. I really want some hope.

Thank you

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Re: 24/7 Head pressure, headaches, anxiety, have had it for year

Good luck. Seek therapy about it. Cut off the triggers for anxiety. Adjust your focus and look on what is important an create values within yourself.

2 posts