Depression

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
kkristy48

by kkristy48 on Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 am

Depression

Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed,depression is a cruel disease that can affect anyone.
Depression symptoms:
Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
Loss of energy or increased fatigue
Increase in purposeless physical activity
Feeling worthless or guilty
Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
Thoughts of death or suicide etc.

eblclinic
Location: 2389 Major Mackenzie Drive, Unit 301, Maple, Ontario, Canada

by eblclinic on Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:36 am

Re: Depression

Thanks for sharing.

lillywillams

by lillywillams on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Thanks for sharing. To tackle the depression we can take the omega supplements. These supplements also very much beneficial to reduce gastrointestinal problems, depression and anxiety.

louiseone006@gmail.com

by louiseone006@gmail.com on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:31 am

Depression is a mental health disorder characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and a loss of interest or pleasure in activities. It can affect a person's thoughts, emotions, and physical well-being, often leading to difficulties in daily functioning.

One emerging treatment for depression is a medication called Spravato esketamine that contains a form of ketamine, an anaesthetic, which has shown promise in treating treatment-resistant depression. It works by targeting the brain's glutamate system, which is believed to play a role in depression.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:33 pm

There is so much information online about depression. But nothing can replace firsthand experience.

My dad got depression as a younger man: it was a difficult time for him. I can relate myself: a few years ago I felt down with depression myself. It could be genetic.

Anyhow, I hope anyone reading this who thinks they've got depression contacts their doctor and gets the mental health treatment they need. AND: Don't be scared. Treatment is safe and there are no nasty needles. It is readily treated in a way that helps the person and keeps them comfortable.

5 posts