How to reduce stress levels?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

27 posts
lillywillams

by lillywillams on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 pm

How to reduce stress levels?

Chronic stress can negatively impact work and home life and be detrimental for our health. How we can tackle the stressful situations?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Re: How to reduce stress levels?

Hi lillywilliams

Thank you for your recent post. Stress is an everyday occurrence for most of us and it certainly can be detrimental to our health, work and home lives. We have a free support programme, mywellbeing which you may find helpful, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php, you can sign up to receive 19 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks..

We have also recently written an article entitled, "Effective Ways to Manage and Reduce Stress", which you also find interesting, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/ta ... stress.php.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

eblclinic
Location: 2389 Major Mackenzie Drive, Unit 301, Maple, Ontario, Canada

by eblclinic on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am

Stress and anxiety are common experiences for most people. Stress is a feeling of being under abnormal pressure. This pressure can come from different aspects of your day to day life.

Here are some ways to relieve stress and anxiety:-
1) Exercise
2) Consider Supplements
3) Be aware of smoking and drinking alcohol
4) Be mindful
5) Get some restful sleep
6) Don’t be too hard on yourself
7) Eat healthily

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

I agree with those tips to reduce stress: I'd advise them myself.

I do know that a lot of people try to reduce stress by drinking alcohol. But this is not a good way to deal with stress. Alcohol can actually worsen it. Plus, there is a danger of being addicted to alcohol if the solution every night is to open a bottle of wine, knowing they've got work the next day.

I realize this sounds a little patronizing, but drinking won't decrease stress.

Exercise is a great way to help the body cope with stress in every day life, as are the other tips.

seoexpertprem

by seoexpertprem on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Hello Experts,
I need help regarding this, please help.
Thanks & Regards

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:00 pm

I do think everyone deals with stress in different ways: some go to bed early, so as not to wake up tired and cranky. Others talk to family and friends, while others see the doctor or a counsellor. Medication is an option, but there are many ways to deal with stress without resorting to medication. This could be going for a walk on a sunny day. It could be having an early night. It could be drinking less coffee: you get the gist.

Personally, I find going out in the fresh air invigorates me and reduces stress immensely. I also find music lessens stress. I think music therapy is actually an effective therapy. Music does something to the brain to help it cope with stress and other such mental health issues. I am not advising playing Metallica at 12 at night, but music - such as classical - helps the brain help you cope.

I do hope I've helped.

anaselgourch

by anaselgourch on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:49 am

Anxiety is a common experience and it's a normal experience, we tend to feel anxious when we are faced with a threat, it's actually an important mechanism because Anxiety sometimes can prepare our body to manage the threat and to either fight or flight; Anxiety can persist and be disabling. and if this persists the normal Anxiety experience becomes an Anxiety disorder.

scilover

by scilover on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:25 am

I think different people have different ways in reducing their stress level. Some prefer exercising, some meditating, some write down what they're feeling etc. But I think it all comes down to the person distracting themselves from that particular event. For me, if I get stressed, I go to painting to release it.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:57 pm

Painting is wonderful therapy. I have done so myself in the past.

Therapy is an ongoing solution. By that I mean, you don't just have a number of counselling sessions then you're cured: tackling stress is a lifelong battle. It has to be done day-in-day-out. There is no magic cure. Maybe accepting we suffer stress will actually reduce our stress levels. Because I know I suffer from stress, but know I always will. So why beat myself up over it? Self acceptance is key: to me personally.

mhamzikhan92

by mhamzikhan92 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi
Here are some tips to improve your mood in less than 5 minutes
Listen To Upbeat Music.
Get A Good Laugh.
Walk Around The Block.
Think About What Went Well. ...
Allow Yourself To Vent.

27 posts