How to reduce stress levels?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

27 posts
scilover

by scilover on Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:25 am

Re: How to reduce stress levels?

if for me, I will just sleep. it really does calm my stress.
since I don't trust sharing my stress reason with others, I prefer to sleep and ill get better by day.

Mariyafernandes

by Mariyafernandes on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm

To reduce stress level first of all we have to share the problems we are facing and then think about that why that matters to us this much that we have a stress of that try to find out the solution of the problem. do yoga and exercise it will help your mind to fight against the stress situations.

AlexaCurtis

by AlexaCurtis on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 pm

There are so many useful tips shared by the well known members here. And yes everyone should check the Free Support Program i.e Wellbeing of TalkMentalHealth.

I just want to add One more point here i.e. Do what you love to do to drain out your stress.

I am sure that will help you get out from stress faster.

That's just a suggestion.

Thanks
Alexa Curtis

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:33 am

Counselling can reduce stress. I think this is because stress can be partly caused by anxiety: anxiety and stress are linked. There are many experts who advise facing your fear to reduce anxiety, too: but that is not as easy as it sounds. Anxiety is crippling and like a roadblock. It can't just be faced and then it's gone: anxiety can be reduced, but not gotten rid of. Even people who face their fears suffer stress. You can reduce your anxiety and stress levels, but you have to accept that they're there and will always be there: even at a low level.

Also, accepting yourself and who you are is important. If you are quiet, you are soft and emotive. If you're scared of heights, at least you're not scared of the water: you get the gist. If you do get anxiety, don't beat yourself up over it: accept your fears and you'll be able to reduce your stress levels. Basically, be yourself and don't be someone you're not. Your fears are your fears and that is just who you are. Again, don't be someone you're not.

Tanker_5455

by Tanker_5455 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:12 pm

From my own experience, there are several things that worked:
-A good, healthy sleep schedule. 8 hours in one sitting (laying?), sensibly at the same time every day, and don't let it start or end too late.
-Music. Anything you like. If you can listen to it while working without getting distracted, it's even better. It provides you with something pleasant and reassuring while you're facing challenges, and that's pretty great.
-A good, filling breakfast. Eating a big breakfast, a reasonable lunch and a light dinner (just enough so that you don't wake up hungry at night) is the best eating rhythm you can have, and it gives you energy when you need it: this way, you don't get tired and cranky before lunch, don't have trouble sleeping because you're filled or hungry...

EthelDStill

by EthelDStill on Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:46 pm

5 ways to reduce stress right now
1. Exercise
2. Organise
3. Breathe
4. Take a time out
5. Meditate
Ongoing stress affects your mental health, stress management and can be worth a trip to the doctor. You should see your GP if you’ve been feeling unwell or ‘not yourself’ for two weeks or more. Remember: you don’t need to wait for a crisis situation to seek help for mental health.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:34 pm

Music is excellent at reducing stress. In fact, I listen to music to make me more relaxed and keep my energy levels from spiking. I listen to most genres of music, but pop music is the most therapeutic: at least for me.

Scientists have researched music's effect on the brain: there can be a positive benefit to playing music in stressful times. In fact, I would advise even low level guitar music or lighter music tracks. Obviously, if you're listening to heavy metal, you won't feel that inner calm. But the right music WILL greatly reduce stress.

stefydoe

by stefydoe on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:51 am

Hello,

There are various causes of stress. Normal stress related to daily routine, mental health issue stress, addiction stress, and many other types of stress are among them.
The following are some habits that may be beneficial:
1. Exercise on a regular basis.
2. Take a walk in the sunshine.
3. Drinking less alcohol and caffeine near sleep is a good idea.
4. Establish a sleeping schedule.
5. Avoid using gadgets 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
6. Before going to bed, try meditation or other types of relaxation.
Above-mentioned health routines must be beneficial in times of normal stress.
However, if you have a problem with mental health stress or addiction stress, I recommend that you look into sober living homes . There people can get long-term transitional living services in a safe, secure, and healthy family environment. So i think this halfway house also have a good option to reduce stress regarding mental health and addiction.

lookharper6@gmail.com

by lookharper6@gmail.com on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:48 am

Here I tell you some ways by which you can reduce your stress level are;

1. Exercise regularly.
2. Try yoga in the morning.
3. Set a goal and work for it.
4. Spend most of your time with family and friends.
5. Avoid such habits that can cause you stress.

haripriyasrivastav6@gmail.com

by haripriyasrivastav6@gmail.com on Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:00 am

Stress is caused due to emotional and physical tensions of a human being, when one feels frustrated, angry, nervous, feels helpless, it can be positive stress and negative, due to pressures in day-to-day life. The causes of stress vary from age and gender, for students examination studies positive stress, whereas in adults, money, life, relationships, health issues, sudden pandemic, and deaths disasters may cause stress its a negative stress.
stress can be managed naturally by consulting a neurosurgeon and psychiatrist, taking regular medication including exercise, laughing more, connecting with many friends, having adequate sleep, reading books
[url]https://www.skedoc.com/hyderabad/kukatpally/nephrologist[/url]

Best Nephrologists in Kukatpally, Hyderabad - Book Doctor Appointment Online with Skedoc

27 posts